• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan and England in UAE

Who do you think will win?!

• Total voters

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
was just pointing out that our Cribb has feelings too and it wasn't a nice thing to say.
Wow!! Didn't know developers had made so much progress in the field of Artificial intelligence. :ph34r:

Seriously though, AWTA.

Last edited:

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Junaid bowling 6 overs doesnt really help either and doesnt do justice to him...instead of giving a run to Gul after lunch Junaid should have bowled..Gul is bowling trash in this test so far.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Last overs - 3 runs, 9 wickets.

So when do we start to seriously say that the English middle order isn't that much cop against quality spin?
I don't think it's a question of ability - I don't think any of the England players are terrible against spin the way someone like Ashwell Prince is - it's a question of mindset.

As soon as Pietersen's wicket went down, you could tell that Bell and Morgan were overly focused on getting to the end of the day 4 wickets down, to the point where they'd completely forgotten about the idea of scoring runs.

amanuensis

U19 12th Man
I don't think it's a question of ability - I don't think any of the England players are terrible against spin the way someone like Ashwell Prince is - it's a question of mindset.

As soon as Pietersen's wicket went down, you could tell that Bell and Morgan were overly focused on getting to the end of the day 4 wickets down, to the point where they'd completely forgotten about the idea of scoring runs.
Morgan is probably out of his depth. Bell has always had real trouble picking quality spinners (Warne's slider, Kumble's googly & now Ajmal's doosra).

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Only seen a few press reports, but to what extent is Strauss beginning to cop it over his form? I haven't seen whether he's getting out the same way or not, but is it a concern bein widely talked about in the media yet?

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Don't think so. The English media has only one target...Ajmal.

In seriousness, Strauss is a good captain, so I don't think anyone will question his form just yet. Maybe if his poor performance continues till the next few series.

amanuensis

U19 12th Man
Only seen a few press reports, but to what extent is Strauss beginning to cop it over his form? I haven't seen whether he's getting out the same way or not, but is it a concern bein widely talked about in the media yet?
It'll only become an issue once they've lost this test & series - he's been able to hide behind the success of the team up till now. He's not getting out in the same way - his decision making has been so crap of late that he can get out in pretty much any way.