• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England. Respect.

Bun

Banned
I've come across as a **** for many on this site many a time, unintentionally mostly to be honest.

And I've been an unabashed supporter of my country for so long and still continue to, regardless of the drubbing that we have received in England.

However that said, I am primarily a big test cricket lover, and I must admit I've been awed by the performances that England has put up, far beyond what I imagined they'd be capable of at the beginning of the series. Well, we have been at the receiving end of quite a lot of stuff like injuries etc but I suspect even at our best we could've prevented this sort of humbling we've had.

It's retrospection time for us. The fairy tale has drawn to a close. The harsher realities are staring at us. What after Tendulkar, what after Zaheer Khan. What after Dravid. I've often been defending the IPL stating that our ascendancy to the top of test tier had coincided with the IPL, but I think that view needs a revisit and perhaps a revision. Perhaps this might be the best wake up call we've had in a while and I hope the concerned parties really sit and broaden their vision for the future, and take some harsh steps if needed to address this. $$$ will come in automatically if you're good enough.

That said, big congratulations to the English team and her fans. It's been extremely painful but still enriching as a test cricket lover their performances. I think they're most deserving of the no.1 spot in test cricket at the moment. Enjoy the ride, because from experience, it's worth it!

Regards, BUN.

smash84

The Tiger King
I am THE **** on this website, unintentionally mostly to be honest.

And I've been an unabashed supporter of my country for so long and still continue to, regardless of the drubbing that we have received in England.

However that said, I am primarily a big test cricket lover, and I must admit I've been awed by the performances that England has put up, far beyond what I imagined they'd be capable of at the beginning of the series. Well, we have been at the receiving end of quite a lot of stuff like injuries etc but I suspect even at our best we could've prevented this sort of humbling we've had.

It's retrospection time for us. The fairy tale has drawn to a close. The harsher realities are staring at us. What after Tendulkar, what after Zaheer Khan. What after Dravid. I've often been defending the IPL stating that our ascendancy to the top of test tier had coincided with the IPL, but I think that view needs a revisit and perhaps a revision. Perhaps this might be the best wake up call we've had in a while and I hope the concerned parties really sit and broaden their vision for the future, and take some harsh steps if needed to address this. $$$ will come in automatically if you're good enough.

That said, big congratulations to the English team and her fans. It's been extremely painful but still enriching as a test cricket lover their performances. I think they're most deserving of the no.1 spot in test cricket at the moment. Enjoy the ride, because from experience, it's worth it!

Regards, BUN.
Fixed :ph34r:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What? England are rubbish, one look at Praveen Kumars innings tells you the whole story.