• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Question is Simple...

Which team?

• Total voters

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There is only one Saffer I want and he is coaching SA. :p

Seriously speaking, probably SA, yeah.

Howe_zat

Audio File
My team is India and I would merge it with Pakistan.

Our team would be

Sehwag
Gambhir
Dravid
Tendulkar
Laxman
Dhoni
Afridi
Singh
Aamir
Zak
Asif
Might as well have Australia for Hayden, Gilchrist, Warne and McGrath.

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
If we're including players from the last decade, India/Pakistan would be the ultimate team.

1. Sehwag
2. Gambhir
3. Dravid
4. Tendulkar
5. Laxman
6. Inzi
7. Dhoni
8. Afridi
9. Akram
10. Younis
11. Akhtar

Bun

Banned
pakistan, had amir and asif were around. otherwise south africa, due to steyn, kallis and abdevil.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Either make the tough call and drop Gambhir and have Amla open, or make de Vviliers keep.

Sehwag
Amla
Kallis
Tendulkar
de Villiers
Laxman
Dhoni

or

Sehwag
Gambhir
Kallis
Tendulkar
Amla
de Villiers+
Laxman
****ing hell! That is a tough call. I don't think I could ever think of dropping Gambhir from the batting lineup, especially not after the sort of resilience he showed in South Africa just recently. At the same time I can't imagine dropping Dhoni either, nor any of the three South Africans.

Dang, that is one hell of a call. But I'd probably go with the second lineup posted, and drop Dhoni. That would be one hell of a team.

Sehwag
Gambhir
Kallis
Tendulkar
Amla
de Villiers+
Laxman
Harbhajan
Steyn
Zaheer
Morkel

Wow, how can anyone get past this? :blink:

salman85

International Debutant
A Pakistan India combo would have the strongest team if we're talking of a post 1990 side.There is perhaps not another Test Team out there that has as big a difference between it's batting and bowling resources as India and Pakistan did/do individually,so picking the team would be a simple task - Bring in the bowlers from Pakistan,and the Batsmen from India.

Eat our heart out Aus/SA!!

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
A Pakistan India combo would have the strongest team if we're talking of a post 1990 side.There is perhaps not another Test Team out there that has as big a difference between it's batting and bowling resources as India and Pakistan did/do individually,so picking the team would be a simple task - Bring in the bowlers from Pakistan,and the Batsmen from India.

+1

India/Pak vs Aus/SA would have been a treat to watch. Now that I think about it, they should organize such games, would make for some great quality Test cricket.

Howe_zat

Audio File

+1

India/Pak vs Aus/SA would have been a treat to watch. Now that I think about it, they should organize such games, would make for some great quality Test cricket.
Hmm. Last 20 years...

Sehwag
Anwar
Dravid
Tendulkar
Laxman
Inzamam
Dhoni
Wasim
Saqlain/Kumble
Akhtar
Waqar

vs

Hayden
Taylor
Ponting
Martyn
Kallis
Waugh
Gilchrist
Pollock
Warne
Steyn
McGrath

vcs

Hmm. Last 20 years...

Sehwag
Anwar
Dravid
Tendulkar
Laxman
Inzamam
Dhoni
Wasim
Saqlain/Kumble
Akhtar
Waqar

vs

Hayden
Taylor
Ponting
Martyn
Kallis
Waugh
Gilchrist
Pollock
Warne
Steyn
McGrath
Too many Pakistanis in that team for it to do well against Australia..

:ph34r:

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
[lame joke] West Indies. Then we can play cricket round the clock [/lame joke]

Last edited:

Fusion

Global Moderator
How good a team is this?

India+banned Pakistanis:

G. Gambhir
V. Sehwag
R. Dravid
S. Tendulkar
V.V.S. Laxman
C. Pujara
M. Dhoni*+
H. Singh
Z. Khan
M. Aamer
M. Asif
I'd include Younis in place of either Pujara or Laxman, but other than that it looks pretty good. :)

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
I'd merge India with Pakistan if the players were not banned.

Otherwise South Africa.

Burgey

India. Strengthen the batting, add Zaheer and a good spinner.

Good thread this, Turbs. Kudos.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Anyone taking England?

Must admit, whilst I rate our depth against anyone's, we do perhaps lack the nailed-on guns like Kallis, Steyn, Sachin and Sehwag, although Swann would play for anyone just now, I'm sure.
England are a good team but they are good as a team and don't have the individual firepower of an Indian batting lineup or the Saffie pace bowling lineup. The only player who I'd consider the best at his position in the world would be Swann and that's a bit meh.

I'd go with SA definitely.

Last edited: