• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa in West Indies

shivfan

Banned
So can the Windies knock off SA?

The Proteas have lost Parnell and will be picking either Tsotsobe or McLaren which considerably weakens them. That might provide some hope for the Caribbean men.

SA's batting is a bit unsettled with either Prince or Peterson filling the contentious slot. You'd imagine JP would still play and they have Smith in terrible form.
Personally, I'm praying for some good old Trini June rain to come to our assistance in the first Test....
:laugh:
Then, hopefully, Barath and Sarwan will be fit for the second test, and we might just have a chance of drawing the series, which is something I would celebrate.

shivfan

Banned
Another "spokesman" i see!! :unsure: , Gayle is the only genuine opener in the squad right now anyway so whether it's Dowlin or Chanders who opens with him it really doesn't make much difference.
It does make a difference....

Shiv is a good middle-order batsman, and a good player of spin. While Dowlin has played in the middle order, he has batted as an opener for Guyana and the WI, so I would have him open in this Test.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
So hang on, a middle order consisting of Brendan Nash, Narsingh Deonarine and Darren Bravo would trump that of Ross Taylor, Jesse Ryder and Daniel Vettori?
And who said i was talking about that middle order specifically? :unsure: Chanders will be back in the middle once Barath returns for the 2nd Test, so lets be real about this Chanders, Nash and Deo/Bravo>>>>>> NZ's middle order any day of the week.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Can't be bothered to but saw it in that thread where you got warned.
So being warned over supposedly taking a thread off topic means "i hate NZ fans"? 8-) yep that's compelling evidence if i ever saw it!! :laugh: , let the bitterness go Roseboy, it's clouding your judgement right now.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Personally, I'm praying for some good old Trini June rain to come to our assistance in the first Test....
:laugh:
Then, hopefully, Barath and Sarwan will be fit for the second test, and we might just have a chance of drawing the series, which is something I would celebrate.
Jesus Mike, your "positivity" is infectious!! :laugh:

It does make a difference....

Shiv is a good middle-order batsman, and a good player of spin. While Dowlin has played in the middle order, he has batted as an opener for Guyana and the WI, so I would have him open in this Test.
Well Dowlin will probably open to be honest but if we want someone a little dynamic who can rotate the strike more easily than the likes of Nash and Deo then Bravo JR should play, that's my opinion and i hope Gibbo has the balls to do make it happen.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
So being warned over supposedly taking a thread off topic means "i hate NZ fans"? 8-) yep that's compelling evidence if i ever saw it!! :laugh: , let the bitterness go Roseboy, it's clouding your judgement right now.
Never said you hate them. Just you always go for comparisons with the teams of the poster.

Woodster

International Captain
Looking at what I expect to be the WI XI tomorrow, still looks a batsman/batting all rounder short.
If the XI is as follows -
1. Gayle
2. Dowlin
3. Chanderpaul
4. Deonarine
5. Nash
6. Bravo Dw
7. Ramdin
8. Sammy
9. Benn
10. Rampaul
11. Roach

I really hope Roach has no ill effects from his recent ankle injury, Sammy has to play with Bravo and Ramdin occupying places 6 and 7, the batting needs some depth, despite his less than penetrative bowling style. His accuracy must be spot on and thus offering his skipper some control.

I would go with Deonarine ahead of Bravo, he offers an extra spin option and also got some Test runs under his belt in the last series against Australia and deserves another crack.

I hope WI compete, but I fear the worst for them.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Looking at what I expect to be the WI XI tomorrow, still looks a batsman/batting all rounder short.
1. Gayle
2. Dowlin
3. Chanderpaul
4. Deonarine
5. Nash
6. Bravo Dw
7. Ramdin
8. Sammy
9. Benn
10. Rampaul
11. Roach

I really hope Roach has no ill effects from his recent ankle injury, Sammy has to play with Bravo and Ramdin occupying places 6 and 7, the batting needs some depth, despite his less than penetrative bowling style. His accuracy must be spot on and thus offering his skipper some control.

I would go with Deonarine ahead of Bravo, he offers an extra spin option and also got some Test runs under his belt in the last series against Australia and deserves another crack.

I'd be extremely disappointed if that was the team, especially when playing two spinners is VITAL on the Trinidad pitch, i also believe Pascal will make his debut and open the bowling alongside Roach, you might have fears but we're on home turf and the lads will put up a fight, i have no doubts about that.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
WW, please don't post in all caps. Also the pettiness isn't needed; either post something constructive or don't post anything at all.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
1. Gayle
2. Dowlin
3. Chanderpaul
4. Deonarine
5. Nash
6. Bravo Dw
7. Ramdin
8. Sammy
9. Benn
10. Rampaul
11. Roach

This would be a fairly poor XI and I don't think this will be the one to line up.

Shilly should play instead of Benn. In that case, lil bravo could replace Deo, but I don't mind either way. Judging by his recent performances, Shilly has to play IMO. Pascal should play ahead of Rampaul as well. WI really need the injured players back for the second test. Really weakens what could otherwise be a decent outfit