• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa in West Indies

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Why should Pascal and Bravo play?
Really think Rampaul lacks penetration and wicket taking ability. Perhaps Pascal can add a new attacking dimension, especially with the mentioned possibility of Sammy playing well - Feel free to inform me otherwise though.

shivfan

Banned
Well, Roach still has fitness doubts, so that increases the likelihood of Pascal opening the bowling with Rampaul, with Dwayne Bravo as first change, and Shilly bowling spin with Benn....

See why I'm praying for rain, Windie?
:laugh:

Jayzamann

International Regular
Apparently Jacques Kallis has played in 21 of the 22 tests between WI and SA. That has to be some sort of percentage record for a single player between two test nations (excluding Bangers and Zimmers ofc)

WindieWeathers

International Regular
WW, please don't post in all caps. Also the pettiness isn't needed; either post something constructive or don't post anything at all.
Pardon me Andy, i just don't like people making baseless and crass accusations about me with no evidence at all to back it up, people might make the mistake of thinking those ludicrous claims were true if they went unchallenged.

Last edited:

Craig

World Traveller
Pascal averaged more then 40 in most recent edition of the WI FC season, did he bowl better then the stats suggest?

Woodster

International Captain
Too frequently WI are handing debuts for young players, not long ago Rampaul and Deonarine were making their Test debuts, now it seems a clamour for those two to be replaced by more debutants! The selectors need to maintain a certain degree of consistency and faith in their earlier selections, which they may do yet.

Immediate success in Test cricket is difficult, players need time, if you keep whiping out new players after a couple of Tests it really serves little purpose unless of course they look completely out of their depth.

Woodster

International Captain
Another thing, as people seem happy to get rid of Deonarine out of the Test squad, I'm not necessarily supporting him in any way, but do WI really have such outstanding depth that they can drop a guy who made 100 runs in his last Test in Australia ?

shivfan

Banned
Another thing, as people seem happy to get rid of Deonarine out of the Test squad, I'm not necessarily supporting him in any way, but do WI really have such outstanding depth that they can drop a guy who made 100 runs in his last Test in Australia ?
I want Deonarine to play....
:cool:

DingDong

State Captain
they don't.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Time for me to start my rain dance....
:cool:
You been dancing in the nude mate?

In all honesty, if this entire first test match was rained out, or almost close to it, the gods would clearly be smiling upon the Windies. The players need the crucial extra time to recover from injuries.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Seems Pascal and Shillingford will play.

Gayle
Dowlin
Deo
Chanders
Bravo
Nash
Ramdin
Benn
Rampaul
Shill
Pascal

Woodster

International Captain
Disappointed Roach isn't fit to play, big blow for WI. But with that comes an opening for Pascal, and I am excited when a young quick is introduced into the side. Shillingford also debuting.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Looks like we finally going to get some cricket here, as much as I was enjoying domestic twenty20...