Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tendulkar v Mangos

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars

Tendulkar v Mangos

Due to the recent flooding of Tendulkar threads throughout the world, I thought I'd create a venue for the discussion that has pondered the minds of millions, billions and dare I say, trillions, of people throughout the cricketing and fruit communities.

Tendulkar has established a flourishing career over the last twenty years, racking up the most runs in both Tests and ODIs, displaying a level of consistency and longevity that few has or can match. The allure of the little master has led to a level of popularity that can be only compared with Billy Lawry's obsession with anything Victorian or his blatantly biased commentary which can be only equaled by the cheerleading of Ian Healy.

Nevertheless, the mango, which can also be compared to the ancient wonders of Richards and Hobbs, rare hybrids of the mango, makes up for its lack of consistent taste and ability to stay ripe with its outstanding ability to prosper and grow in the harshest of all fruit growing conditions. The mango announced itself on the world market in great form, aided by its coach (Farmer) John, a vibrant young go-getter who was known for only conducting his farming in a hotel room, and was consistently able to dominate the fruit market to an unprecedented level of taste, and might I add, expense, which brought in the crowds, during it's three months of ripeness a year, owing to the long extended tours of the fruit market at the time, leaving the tourists with little time to adapt to the differing tastes of the locals on offer. There have been instances where the coaches have suffered from bouts of the runs before an orange has even been peeled.

Many supporters of the mango, mango fanciers, have pointed to the difficult conditions in which the mango has had to endure throughout its growing years, suggesting that the harsh growing conditions and the tendency of farmers to prepare fields conducive to banana growing, the Matthew Hayden hybrid, has led to the feats of the mangos becoming forgotten in a cricketing and fruit world which has become obsessed with the seedless watermelon, a quick and easy fruit fix.

Please, before voting your vote in the voting box, consider the conditions that existed during the heyday of the mango and the situation in which it was able to thrive, rather than solely focusing on an area which has given rise to the prominence of boring, soulless, apples and oranges, also refereed to as the flat track, first chance average and poor era of bowlers Hybrid, and other such ridiculous scientific titles.
    Last edited by GotSpin; 26-02-2010 at 08:21 PM.

I am voting for mangos.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

International Captain Agent TBY's Avatar
    Blatant lack of a poll.

+1 vote for mangoes, because food > cricket.
    orz

Quote Originally Posted by Agent TBY View Post
    Blatant lack of a poll.

+1 vote for mangoes, because food > cricket.
    I wonder what Afridi thinks about this equation...

Can a mod edit a poll in.

I vote for Tendulkar eating the mango in his silky pyjamas

Am less sticky after eating a mango, tbh, so that gets my vote.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

Tendulkar. Mangoes can't play cricket

Quote Originally Posted by turnstyle View Post
    Tendulkar. Mangoes can't play cricket
    Sigh. Another non-believer.

BTW, what's the format in question here? Because if it's Alphonso Mangoes vs Alphonso Tendulkar, the gap widens even more.

Quote Originally Posted by irfan View Post
    I wonder what Afridi thinks about this equation...
    I danced with my studs right into the middle of that one. Here's an apple with seams as a reward.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent TBY View Post
    BTW, what's the format in question here? Because if it's Alphonso Mangoes vs Alphonso Tendulkar, the gap widens even more.
    Viewers discretion. Some put more value into the long-lasting shelf life version of some mangos. Others prefer the glitz and the glamour of the Alphonso.

Mangos struggle in England, don't like cold early summer test matches.
    Last edited by Pothas; 26-02-2010 at 08:59 PM.

International Vice-Captain Noble One's Avatar
    Tough choice.

Mango = national fruit of India
    Tendulkar = national treasure of India

Quote Originally Posted by Got_Spin View Post
    Viewers discretion. Some put more value into the long-lasting shelf life version of some mangos. Others prefer the glitz and the glamour of the Alphonso.
    If so, then Turb's excellent post carries even more importance:

Quote Originally Posted by Turbinator View Post
    Lol why do you continue to put yourself through this. You're only torturing yourself.

This entire Regulars are meaningless, Alphonsos are everything bull**** is so overdone. Pratters put on this show with his "Shows how much I care about Regulars" comment after the first harvest. And after this harvest, clearly shows just how much he cares. Clearly he would not have even checked the farms had he really not cared.

No matter how much of a "I'm a purist" crap people might put forth, deep down inside a true mango fan is one that just loves the taste and flavor. All you guys care about is proving yourselves as purists. Complete bull****!
    It is worth noting however, that for most of their careers, Mangoes showed quality production only in the flatbeds of India. It was only relatively recently, with the advent of global warming and hectic calendars, that they started to show some results abroad.

All true. However, you've completed disregarded the achievements of mango fanciers in other parts of the fruit bearing world.

Sure the IFPL (Indian Fruit Premier League) may bring in the big fruit dollars but at what cost?! We've seen a substantial increase in the Matthew Hayden Hybrid in the last decade as the overall quality of the alphonso has been downplayed by the masses who normally seek the seedless fruit.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information