• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Richards v Tendulkar - ODIs

Who is the best ODI batsman of all time?

• Total voters

Maximus0723

State Regular
Yes, my bad. I may add Imran as well. McGrath for me is the ultimate ODI bowler, and I believe him to be the best ODI bowler ever followed by Wasim and Murali. for me McGrath > Imran & Hadlee, Wasim > Imran & Hadlee and Murali > Imran and Hadlee in ODIs
I like the idea of tier rather then he is one, he is two.
In Richards era, Lillee, Hadlee, Imran. Second tier, Kapil, Botham.
In Sachins era, McGrath, Donald, Wasim, Waqar, Ambrose, Murli, Warne, Saqlain. Second tier: many others.

So there is case to be made. but I think the greater SR, avg and being best in era...i voted Richards.

I like the idea of tier rather then he is one, he is two.
In Richards era, Lillee, Hadlee, Imran. Second tier, Kapil, Botham.
In Sachins era, McGrath, Donald, Wasim, Waqar, Ambrose, Murli, Warne, Saqlain. Second tier: many others.

So there is case to be made. but I think the greater SR, avg and being best in era...i voted Richards.
How often did Tendulkar play Ambrose.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
And that pattern is common to Indians only ? Won't you fit the pattern if a poll involved an NZ Player and a non-NZ player ?

Here is a poll on Lillee Vs. Hadlee, Please let us know the pattern.

Cricket Web - View Poll Results
A point you continuously keep missing. I've acknowledged such a pattern isn't exclusive to Indian fans about 5 times now, can't you read?

On this particular poll (& you can analyze other polls at your own convenience), Indians generally rate Sachin Tendulkar higher than others do, and by a comfortable margin. Are you still denying that? An answer would be appreciated. If you do still deny the fact, we've nothing further to discuss

Last edited:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
More precisely, using these nationalities (edited a few, blanks not counted, correct me if I'm wrong on anyone), 15 out of 19 Indians voted for Sachin. 79% Tendulkar, 21% Richards.

7/22 non-Indians voted for Tendulkar. 32% Tendulkar, 68% Richards.

So Indians generally rate Sachin Tendulkar higher than anyone else does. In other news, the pope is a Catholic and bears sometimes crap in the woods.
I think that analysis is wrong.Jaideep is Indian,do no think DASA and Freaknasty and others are Indians too.

And still does not prove neutrality both ways.:laugh:

Zinzan

I think that analysis is wrong.Jaideep is Indian,do no think DASA and Freaknasty and others are Indians too.

Lol...Show us your data that proves neutrality & I'll happily concede :cool:

Wrong analogy. America and Russia have a history of disliking each other, one is communist the other is captalist. There is mutual distrust between the two.

No Such thing in India/WI. IVAR is loved universally including India so is Tendulkar including WI.
Could be a very good analogy, correct me if wrong but dont Indian people in general discriminate against people with dark skin.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Could be a very good analogy, correct me if wrong but dont Indian people in general discriminate against people with dark skin.
South Indians have dark skin. North Indians are little fairer, but no means as fair as europeans. I haven't heard of such discrimination

South Indians have dark skin. North Indians are little fairer, but no means as fair as europeans. I haven't heard of such discrimination
I have heard quite a bit about it, Some of the bollywood stars promote skin whitening products to help improve your job and wedding prospects. I have heard this through many sources.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I have heard quite a bit about it, Some of the bollywood stars promote skin whitening products to help improve your job and wedding prospects. I have heard this through many sources.
You're not wrong. Was shocked when I was in India and saw how insanely aggressive the advertising for the "fairness" creams and all that was.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
In SL being fairer is an advantage for a girl sometimes. But fair boys are considered less "masuculine" than darker ones, or looks "innocent" or so on. Fair males only exel at film industry. But there is no such discrimination based on skin color at least in SL. SL has no caste discrimination what-so-ever mainly among Sinhalese and Muslim communities. But Tamil / Hindu communities it is still existant, but blunted a bit because the majority communities don't give a f*** about the caste. I would think it will have a greater impact in India where the majority is Hindu.

Last edited:

Uppercut

It's cos we all hate India. Obviously.

Bias can be quite a comical human trait in that it leads people to see it in everyone else. The militant fan doesn't notice the opinions you state which they agree with- they're considered super-standard- and hence it looks like you're bagging their team every time you say something.