• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in England T20s and ODIs

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Punter and Pup killing this mediocre bowling attack...
Always likely. I said earlier that I could barely recall a weaker one, even from England, and nothing's happened to change my view. Given that, we needed not to drop any chances that came our way, which proved beyond Captain Thicky.

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Always likely. I said earlier that I could barely recall a weaker one, even from England, and nothing's happened to change my view. Given that, we needed not to drop any chances that came our way, which proved beyond Captain Thicky.
There have been plenty weaker than this. Also the fielding has allowed Ponting to still be there and England scored 299 with an absolutely atrocious batting lineup.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
There have been plenty weaker than this. Also the fielding has allowed Ponting to still be there and England scored 299 with an absolutely atrocious batting lineup.
I'm struggling to think of many. Probably the showers that were whitewashed by SL in 2006, but other than that ...

Other points taken though.

Pothas

Dimi should have got one wicket at least in that spell, real shame because I am not sure he will get many more chances for England.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Seriously, Graeme Swann should be in this ODI team. I know Rashid's going to be a talent in the future, but Swann surely should be in.

grecian

I'm struggling to think of many. Probably the showers that were whitewashed by SL in 2006, but other than that ...

Other points taken though.
Nah agree with Scaly on this one there have been tons worse, IMHO. Bres, Dimi, Sidey aren't hideous just unspectacular. Broad has been pish for this series, but has a good record coming into it. Rashid isn't ready though, but fully expect the Comms to talk him up even so.

This wicket is 350 plus as par for a decent batting line-up, imho.

Last edited:

kingkallis

International Coach
This will break Rashid, mentally!

Selectors need to send Rashid back to county cricket for another 2 years atleast...

grecian

Well played Punter, it's been nice to see some class in this series.

Oh goody that'll be Adil's selection justified for the selectors. Dread to think how he'd go against Sri Lanka or India, bowling with little control like this.

OH FFS it was a long-hop Clarke mistimed, not brilliant bowling. Sky Comms, the worst part of this summer for me...

Last edited:

PhoenixFire

International Coach
This will break Rashid, mentally!

Selectors need to send Rashid back to county cricket for another 2 years atleast...
What? He is getting smashed by two of the best players in the world; one of them being one of the best players of spin and the other being the best player full stop. Both in brilliant form. Give him some slack, not many spinners would be able to contain these two.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha, see England won the toss again, isn't winning the toss in ODI's supposed to give you a slight advantage :ph34r:

grecian

More like a complete lack of limited overs talent & nouse is costing England

What a joke of a team
I think this performance has been a tad better then the others, have to say. Not made me cry with frustration too much anyway. Our fielding will cost us in the end, I feel.