Page 42 of 380 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142 ... LastLast
Results 616 to 630 of 5686

Thread: ***Official*** Australia in South Africa

  1. #616
    Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Oxford, England
    Posts
    26,857
    Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt View Post
    Not really a bunch of no names, I think you need to give us some credit.. But yeah it will be nice if Australia continue to be this poor, we might not win every test but I am confident we will grind them into the dust batting wise
    Sorry, but they're a bunch of no-names to everyone who doesn't have a special interest in SA cricket. Same way that Aus fans will claim the Lilac Hill XI that dick England every four years aren't no-names because they've heard of them... same way we'll claim England Lions aren't no-names.

    If we can't put firstnames to surnames as genuine, serious cricket fans then they're no names.
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

    Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

    Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

  2. #617
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    216
    I wish we were playing Australia right now, any international team could beat them.

  3. #618
    International Regular stephen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    aus
    Posts
    3,773
    Quote Originally Posted by MendisNuffSaid View Post
    I wish we were playing Australia right now, any international team could beat them.
    Tell that to the Kiwis.

  4. #619
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Moving to Somalia
    Posts
    43,730
    Quote Originally Posted by MendisNuffSaid View Post
    Bryce McGain should be sent back immediately via the plane for Krejza.
    Haha yeah, because Krejza hasn't been hit around in a tour game on a flat pitch before.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

    Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009


  5. #620
    You'll Never Walk Alone Nate's Avatar
    Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    New South Wales
    Posts
    27,068
    Quote Originally Posted by MendisNuffSaid View Post
    I wish we were playing Australia right now, any international team could beat them.
    I'm sorry that no-one loves you.
    Jesus saves

    member of Liverpool FC and Melbourne City

  6. #621
    State Regular jondavluc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Westside of that big light blub thingy
    Posts
    943
    i wish we were playing australia right now, any international team could beat them.

  7. #622
    BARNES OUT dontcloseyoureyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    WILDCARD, BITCHES
    Posts
    28,400
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Pickup View Post
    Sorry, but they're a bunch of no-names to everyone who doesn't have a special interest in SA cricket. Same way that Aus fans will claim the Lilac Hill XI that dick England every four years aren't no-names because they've heard of them... same way we'll claim England Lions aren't no-names.

    If we can't put firstnames to surnames as genuine, serious cricket fans then they're no names.
    A thousand times this.
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

  8. #623
    State Vice-Captain popepouri's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Waterloo, ON
    Posts
    1,136
    Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes View Post
    A thousand times this.
    Ok. No names it is then if that makes you feel better.

  9. #624
    RTDAS pasag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Looking for milksteak
    Posts
    31,678
    Quote Originally Posted by popepouri View Post
    Ok. No names it is then if that makes you feel better.
    Why would it make anyone feel better?
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

  10. #625
    State 12th Man 0RI0N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Groom Lake
    Posts
    703
    Quote Originally Posted by Something_Fishy View Post
    Shweet. Am catching the one in Newlands myself.
    ---
    me too.

  11. #626
    State Vice-Captain popepouri's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Waterloo, ON
    Posts
    1,136
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Why would it make anyone feel better?
    Because I'm trying to give where credit is due. The opposition is not all that dire. It's an opposition mainly composed of guys from the Titans which is the best team in SA. If Tahir can barely get a game this season and Roela can barely a first-class game (averages 19 in List A), it shows how strong the team is. They've won almost every trophy for the last 2 years.

    And by your logic, half of the current Aus. team playing are a bunch of no names (McGain, North, McDonald, Hughes, Bollinger have limited or no international experience).

  12. #627
    RTDAS pasag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Looking for milksteak
    Posts
    31,678
    Quote Originally Posted by popepouri View Post
    Because I'm trying to give where credit is due. The opposition is not all that dire. It's an opposition mainly composed of guys from the Titans which is the best team in SA. If Tahir can barely get a game this season and Roela can barely a first-class game (averages 19 in List A), it shows how strong the team is. They've won almost every trophy for the last 2 years.

    And by your logic, half of the current Aus. team playing are a bunch of no names (McGain, North, McDonald, Hughes, Bollinger have limited or no international experience).
    But why would an Australian fan commenting on the lack of names in the team make him feel better? It's illogical as it would make them feel worse. It's one thing getting blasted by a full strength SA side, it's another thing getting blasted by their 2nd/3rd XI whatever.

  13. #628
    Hall of Fame Member aussie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cricket
    Posts
    16,845
    LOL, I can already see this series thread will have some very rough & illogical debates in the coming months.

  14. #629
    State Vice-Captain popepouri's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Waterloo, ON
    Posts
    1,136
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    But why would an Australian fan commenting on the lack of names in the team make him feel better? It's illogical as it would make them feel worse. It's one thing getting blasted by a full strength SA side, it's another thing getting blasted by their 2nd/3rd XI whatever.
    Because I'm not the one trying to dismiss the quality of a side and adopt a pessimistic approach to the game. Why call them no names?

    Try and do a little research on these players and you'll find out, most of them are in line of playing or have played for SA at some point of their career.
    Last edited by popepouri; 20-02-2009 at 09:32 AM.

  15. #630
    RTDAS pasag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Looking for milksteak
    Posts
    31,678
    Quote Originally Posted by popepouri View Post
    Because I'm not the one trying to dismiss the quality of a side and adopt a pessimistic approach to the game. Why call them no names?

    Try and do a little research on these players and you'll find out, most of them are in line of playing or have played for SA at some point of their career.
    Don't really see the point you're trying to make aside from annoyingly nitpicking a word. The fact is they're a second/third XI side that have owned Australia's first XI, no one said they can't play or tried to denigrate them, however some Australians here are obviously concerned that if this attack gets slaughtered against this side, then we can only shudder to think what will happen when facing the best 11. And as Neil said, aside from one or two of them, they are relatively unheard of to those who don't take a special interest in the SA domestic scene. I suggest you stop being so sensitive or this thread will be quite unbearable throughout the series.
    Last edited by pasag; 20-02-2009 at 09:39 AM.



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Pakistan Cricket news/views
    By Fusion in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 781
    Last Post: 07-08-2014, 09:08 PM
  2. **Official** New Zealand in Australia
    By James in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 6541
    Last Post: 16-02-2009, 04:49 PM
  3. The Top 9 ODI Nations
    By Athlai in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 26-01-2009, 04:39 PM
  4. England axe Test for South Africa tour
    By biased indian in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 26-01-2009, 12:30 PM
  5. Can South Africa bounce back and win the ODI Series?
    By satheeshv37 in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 18-01-2009, 04:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •