• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CricketWeb Round Table #1 (With Audio)

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Jungle Jumbo said:
Just listening to the first part now, Goughy is brilliant. Someone send these tapes to Sky and get him out of Bulgaria.
10% commission to anyone who gets me a job :laugh:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
It's part of what I'm doing in my university course and one of my passions in life, so yes. If you need a hand, I can help you out in future.
THat would be great. Do you have MSN or something we can talk at?

jot1

State Vice-Captain
Great job, guys. Is there a way more members on CW can be made aware of this? I clicked on this thread by accident or I would have missed it completely as I knew nothing about it. Unfortunately, I don't have much time to browse, so I stick to three or four threads for a time and miss a lot. Maybe there are others who have the same problem and this is too great to miss! :)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
silentstriker said:
THat would be great. Do you have MSN or something we can talk at?
leeahm_ the _ dos @ hotmail . com

But I'm not on that account regularly, so you'd have to arrange a rough timeframe first on the forum.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
impressive effort from all involved! ss, pretty neat hosting! goughy, you should go professional, that was impressive!!! neil, a fount of knowledge as usual! steds, good job!

33/3from3.3

International Vice-Captain
Wow, that was fantastic! Truly excellent stuff from everyone.

A few positive points from me.

- Manan, you were a great host especially for your first try. (Y)

- Kev, You > Richie Benaud. Dude you were awesome talk to some people and we'll be hearing you commentating professionally. :D

- Neil, you had some good points and managed to span your veiws all around the cricket world. You weren't half as good as Goughy, but that's still bloody good. :)

- Sean, mate you were good, but i think your microphone was being a dork. Also make sure all fridge brakes are taken before the start of each question.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Guys, please remember (from my point of view at least) that these are trials aimed at getting this process right.

In retrospect, I feel it may not have been wise for myself to have done both Round Tables as it could be considered overkill but please be kind. We are just trying to iron out issues with the the whole idea rather than get you to listen to a daily dose of us speaking. :)

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Goughy said:
Guys, please remember (from my point of view at least) that these are trials aimed at getting this process right.

In retrospect, I feel it may not have been wise for myself to have done both Round Tables as it could be considered overkill but please be kind. We are just trying to iron out issues with the the whole idea rather than get you to listen to a daily dose of us speaking. :)
Are you kidding mate? I could listen to you talk cricket all day. We're beginning to sound like a broken record now with all this praise, eh? ;) :laugh:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I've just listened to the first one & solid work all round, chaps. Well done, especially SS whose baby this seems to be. :)

It's fascinating putting voices to CW posters too. I knew what Neil sounded like from his University Challenge appearance but Goughy is far more northern than I imagined (he sounds not unlike Mark Chapman, who does the sports reports on Radio Five Live for mine, even if they are from opposite sides of the Pennines) & steds far less so. SS's voice was the biggest shock tho; he sounded a bit like John Leguizamo in Too Wong Foo... :ph34r:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
BoyBrumby said:
I've just listened to the first one & solid work all round, chaps. Well done, especially SS whose baby this seems to be. :)

It's fascinating putting voices to CW posters too. I knew what Neil sounded like from his University Challenge appearance but Goughy is far more northern than I imagined (he sounds not unlike Mark Chapman, who does the sports reports on Radio Five Live for mine, even if they are from opposite sides of the Pennines) & steds far less so. SS's voice was the biggest shock tho; he sounded a bit like John Leguizamo in Too Wong Foo... :ph34r:
The second round table IMO was even better. Smoother.

archie mac

International Coach
This is great stuff, loved it especially all of the accents:)

Sean if you could just speak a little bit louder please:cool:

Much better then cricinfo, would like to see an Aussie and some other countries represented.

I think it will be even better when people feel more comfortable with each other and are not so nice, and respectful of each other.:laugh: