• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Top ten greatest bowlers and batsmen of all time

Chrish

International Debutant
Batsmen:

1. Bradman
2. Viv
3. Sachin
4. Sobers
4. Lara
5. G chappell
6. Ponting
7. Sanga
8. Dravid & Kallis
9. Gavaskar
10. Hutton & Hobbs

Bowlers:

1. Mcgrath
2. Marshall
3. Muralitharan
4. Lillie
5. Steyn
6. Ambrose
7. Wasim
8. Warne
9. Hadlee
10. Garner

Last edited:

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Current thoughts

Bradman
Sobers
Hobbs
Tendulkar
Hutton
V.Richards
Lara
G.Chappell
Trumper
Kallis

Marshall
McGrath
Hadlee
Ambrose
Lillee
Imran
Wasim
Trueman
Holding
Larwood

O'Reilly
Warne
Murali
Grimmett
Laker

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
At this point in time...

Bradman
Sobers
Hobbs
Hammond
Tendulkar
Headley
Pollock
Sutcliffe
Sangakkara
Hutton

Marshall - McGrath
Muralitharan
Warne
Hadlee
O'Reilly
Grimmett
Steyn
Ambrose
Wasim

kingkallis

International Coach
Why should I feel left out?

/ ( Not considering players who played less than 50 test matches )

Don Bradman
Vivian Richards
Brian Lara
Jack Hobbs
Garry Sobers
Wally Hammond
Sachin Tendulkar
Jacques Kallis
Len Hutton
Ricky Ponting

o ( Not considering players who played less than 50 test matches )

Malcolm Marshall
Glenn McGrath
Dale Steyn
Richard Hadlee
Shane Warne
Curtly Ambrose
Wasim Akram
Muttiah Muralitharan
Dennis Lillee
Fred Trueman

Chrish

International Debutant
Will give it a go once again..

Batsmen:

1. Bradman
2. Viv
3. Tendulkar
4. Sobers
5. Lara
6. Gavaskar
7. Ponting
8. Sanga
9. Chappell
10. Kallis

Bowlers:

1. Marshall
2. McGrath
3. Steyn
4. Murali
5. Hadlee
6. Imran
7. Lillie
8. Trueman
9. Wasim
10. Donald

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Absolute travesty that TOTAB isn't consistently recognised as second only to Bradman.

Burgey

Nah, Smith has modelled his determination on Border. He needs to excel at his current level for 156 tests, 153 of them consecutively, to be considered in the same league.

bagapath

International Captain
Bradman
Hobbs
Hutton
Sobers
Viv Richards
Tendulkar
Hammond
Lara
Gavaskar
Border

Marshall
Hadlee
McGrath
Warne
Murali
Lillee
Imran
O'Reilley
Ambrose
Steyn

Burgey

Plainly Bagapath's list of batsmen is in reverse order, except Bradman who is so great he automatically goes top.

Zinzan

Nah, Smith has modelled his determination on Border. He needs to excel at his current level for 156 tests, 153 of them consecutively, to be considered in the same league.
Speaking of Smith, we can't be far away from a thread comparing Smith to Ponting, who's generally considered Aust's 2nd greatest bat ever. Who would have thought that comparison would be anything more than a joke 2 years ago...

Burgey

Well, he'll need to carry on in this vein for a while yet for that to happen. Ponting was averaging 60 after 100 tests. They use that 52 test streak measure thingy to compare players to Bradman, Ponting's best 52 test spell was an average of 75. Seventy. ****ing. Five. smdh.

Gob

International Coach
Speaking of Smith, we can't be far away from a thread comparing Smith to Ponting, who's generally considered Aust's 2nd greatest bat ever. Who would have thought that comparison would be anything more than a joke 2 years ago...
Me

Any who in the times i spent banned, away from CW, got me thinking of most things. Like Bradman, Blocky, Backstreet boys, Kittens, Kites, Unicorns, Aliens, Ted Bundy....Are they all somehow connected or are they all random? Is there a higher power or are we all in a reality tv show created by the extra terrestrials and broadcast-ed all over the universe. Think i'm more spiritual now like Kiwivictor (Also smoked a ton of weed as well). Any who the point is its new me so the best batsmen and bowler list for new me is different to old me so here is the new me list

Batsmen

Bradman
Tendulkar
Richards
Hobbs
Sobers
Lara
Hutton
Chappell
Gavaskar
Hammond

Bowlers

Marshall
Warne
Murali
McGrath
Hadlee
Ambrose
Lillee
Steyn
Imran
Donald

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Out of curiosity Gob, are you listing only the folks you have seen in the bowlers' list? Think Donald wont make many top 10s otherwise.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Maybe.

I consider Greg Chappell to be Australia's second best batsman. He was phenomenal against great bowling.

Then there's Trumper, Harvey, Border to consider.

watson

Banned
Chappell and Border are always picked ahead of Ponting in the Australian ATG XI stakes for good reasons.

Wonder how Smith's unorthodox tecnique would go against Roberts, Holding, Marshall, Waqar and Akram?

Shady Slim

International Coach
as much as i hate watching him the thing smith does so well is test bowlers' patience

aside from that ranchi second innings i haven't seen a side stack the off side field and belem smith to death, they try it for a bit but then they go for the glory ball and inevitably get flicked for four so easily