• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test at the WACA

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Because while they have got some balls in the right areas, a lot of the edginess, and definitely Clarke and Ponting's wickets, have mainly been the result of distinctly average batting.
They have bowled well, but no where near well enough to warrant a scorecard like this. Think it has been woeful batting more than anything so far.
Well, they've induced those mistakes to some extent with their persistence, both Ponting and Clarke have been vulnerable outside off in the past and England are preying ruthlessly on any sign of weakness. I'd say Hughes's dismissal was the really poor one for an opening batsman.

Watto goes! This is pretty awesome bowling. Review being called for.

benchmark00

Can't believe that Watson referred that. Looked like he was trudging off knowing that he was out at first.
I can. If he was a lower order batsman then I would say he shouldn't refer it, but it was one he had to refer, even if he knew he was probably gone.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I can. If he was a lower order batsman then I would say he shouldn't refer it, but it was one he had to refer, even if he knew he was probably gone.
Yeah, I guess there's that aspect to it. In terms of "thinking I might not be out", Watson was pretty low on the scale.

flibbertyjibber

Welcome to proper cricket young man, we'll see what Smith is made of here. Does he have the technique to play a long innings under pressure?