• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test at the WACA

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Ponting likened him to Sehwag after he made that 80 against NZ, not when he came on to the scene (in fact he was likened to Bradman then, having bettered him in a couple of things). But I agree with the general argument that he should be persisted with, he has genuine match wining capabilities which Watson and Katich don't have. Also despite his unorthodox technique, I think he is just great to watch.
Violently DWTA. He's flat out annoying. To repeat myself, the kid must have an amazing eye to be as good as he is with a technique that's on the ******** side of quirky.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Or perhaps Warne isn't the man management genius that everyone thinks he is.
Yeah well he it is bound to not suit everyone, to be fair though Tremlett had some excellent seasons under Warne until he got injuries.

Warne's comment about distinguishing between niggles and serious injuries struck true for me though, the amount of times he was out for something minor was very frustrating. Still always been a massive fan of Tremlett, never thought he 'could be the best in the world' but he has always looked good enough to play for England when he is happy with his fitness and form.

simmy

International Regular
Yeah well he it is bound to not suit everyone, to be fair though Tremlett had some excellent seasons under Warne until he got injuries.

Warne's comment about distinguishing between niggles and serious injuries struck true for me though, the amount of times he was out for something minor was very frustrating. Still always been a massive fan of Tremlett, never thought he 'could be the best in the world' but he has always looked good enough to play for England when he is happy with his fitness and form.
As much as Shahzad will be more enthusiastic and prob add more fire to the side... I am more than happy to see Tremlett in the team as he could be just the type of bowler we need.

Imperative he keeps it tight though!

Woodster

International Captain
Violently DWTA. He's flat out annoying. To repeat myself, the kid must have an amazing eye to be as good as he is with a technique that's on the ******** side of quirky.
Yes I find him pretty awful to watch aswell. His eye must be excellent to compensate for his technical flaws. He does produce some devastating cuts through point region if offered a small degree of width, but not a batsman I would enjoy watching for too long.

social

Or perhaps Warne isn't the man management genius that everyone thinks he is.
Warne regards him as soft

Clark regards him as soft

Major criticism of Tremlett throughout his career is that he's soft

Q: What's changed?

A: Ashes are on, he's likely to be selected and some people object to the slightest bit of criticism :laugh:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Warne regards him as soft

Clark regards him as soft

Major criticism of Tremlett throughout his career is that he's soft

Q: What's changed?

A: Ashes are on, he's likely to be selected and some people object to the slightest bit of criticism :laugh:
Warne's word isn't the be all and end all though.

Jarquis

Aagh no

Oz are sticking with certain players for whatever reason (dont ask me why because I dont have an answer either) but he's not rated despite having all the tools necessary to be successful, I couldnt see him as being more than outside chance

He's not rated at all by either Warne or Clark and, quite frankly, they've played with him and are, in all probabilitiy, far better judges than you or me
You sya this all the time, but Warne actually said he can see Tremlett becoming the #1 bowler in the world at some point of his career.

pup11

International Coach
He has virtually destroyed FC attacks both in England and Australia with the same technique, and apart from three bad innings in the Ashes even at the test level he has been a revelation.
His technique isn't something one would advice others to follow but it sure as hell works for him and allows him to score a lot more runs, than most batsmen with aesthetically pleasing techniques ever manage.

pup11

International Coach
You sya this all the time, but Warne actually said he can see Tremlett becoming the #1 bowler in the world at some point of his career.
I think Warne in particular was taking in regard to his injury prone body, but still as social said Warne and Clark have played with him and probably know what sort of temperament he has got. So if both of them are saying this, then there might be some truth to it.

Howe_zat

Audio File

simmy

International Regular
"I captained Tremlett for a long time and I tried everything to get him to be more aggressive. In the nets he is the best bowler in the world, bar none. He is unplayable."

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Again, thats the exact link i posted. Am i invisible on this forum?

Warne rates Tremlett, end of story.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh get off it Tremlett would not only walk in but would be your lead bowler. Suck it up.

And I guess Warne saying this:

Shane Warne: should England paceman Chris Tremlett turn nasty - watch out Australia - Telegraph

"In the nets he is the best bowler in the world, bar none. He is unplayable."

"Everyone in English cricket has known for a while that if the penny drops for Chris, then he can be a world-beater. And I believe if he has learned his lesson then he could be the No 1 bowler in the world. Serious. He is that good."

...shows that he doesn't rate him 8-)

Warne talks about the problem being his body language and lack of aggression. He certainly has no problem with body language any more and, until we see him in a serious game like the Ashes, we can't really know if that aggression is there. But, in any case, Warne clearly rates him very highly.
Nahhh weeyy meeyt, posted the above yesterday. :p back.