• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at the Adelaide Oval

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
North going to be more confident against the quicks, isn't he? Once you get past him and Haddin, it's the tail although Doherty and Siddle can bat a little. I reckon Swann and Pietersen for a couple of overs each - with Pietersen continuing at his current end - before Anderson and Broad with the new ball.
Not giving Ryan Harris any credit? He's a vastly superior bat to Doherty or Siddle!

Howe_zat

Audio File
So was Pompeii before it all went to **** too tbh.
Bet Pompeii was a raging turner, all that dry heat and volcanic ash everywhere. Lava might produce something of a sticky wicket, mind. Oxygen being burned out of the air around you might lead to reverse swing, though asphyxiation is also an issue.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Hope he becomes the villain tbh, even if it means we lose the Ashes, just ****ing hate him.
DWTA. Guy is rubbish but we're talking about going 1 down in the Ashes here. Hitler himself could put in 15(80) to hold off till lunch and I'd kiss his feet.

Still it seems unlikely he'll be able to get a score that can keep him in the team. Even if he gets going I can't see him getting over 50 today what with all the weather forecast. I get the feeling that a BIG hundred might have saved him particularly with Katich out, but he's unlikely to get the time to manage that.

howardj

International Coach
For Aust's sake, I hope North fails today but we hang on. Or perhaps we need to lose again before they wake up to themselves regarding North. I can not believe that a guy with such a modest Test and Shield record continues to get picked, when batting collapses are the VERY THING that has cost us so dearly over the past 18 months.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
If North bats out whatever time we get for play I think he'll be hard to drop.

Given the faith he's been shown it would be just wrong-headed to cut him after a match-saving knock.

simmy

International Regular
For Aust's sake, I hope North fails today but we hang on. Or perhaps we need to lose again before they wake up to themselves regarding North. I can not believe that a guy with such a modest Test and Shield record continues to get picked, when batting collapses are the VERY THING that has cost us so dearly over the past 18 months.
It's hard to drop your best bowler though....

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
yeah i'd love to see north stay in for a long time out there but if he doesn't show any determination then that's the game over for him, is he being chosen as an all rounder?

howardj

International Coach
yeah i'd love to see north stay in for a long time out there but if he doesn't show any determination then that's the game over for him, is he being chosen as an all rounder?
Who knows, mate.

Don't ask us to get inside Andrew Hilditch's head. :laugh:

More broadly, I'm certainly not saying that it's all down to selection. I mean, we do have a more modest set of players these days. That's why it's crucial that you get your selections right.

That said, we did comprehensively beat the best team in the world at the time in their own backyard just 18 short months ago (SA in SA). So we are entitled to have high expectations. This group has proven we can play very well and now must be judged against those high standards they set in South Africa. Since then however, we've gone backwards at an alarming rate in all disciplines - batting especially, bowling, fielding and selecting.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
That's because his head is up his own arse.
As depressing as the cricket may be, we could use some more Burgey in this thread. The poms are getting way too raucous in here, just crying out for a skull cracking some of em.