• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ashes Predictions

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Being serious,has anyone thought they may have got their prediction wrong after the way the Aussies keep losing?

I know it is a different format but it is still the majority of the same players and losing becomes a habit.

Whatever you think this is hardly ideal preparation for the 25th.

I know England need to show form yet but as it stands at the moment they look the confident side who are relaxed and know their roles and Australia are scratching round looking for the right formula.Such a reverse in roles from the last 3 or 4 ashes series in Australia and we all know how they ended up.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Us in 1986/7 comes to mind.

As for predictions:

Score: 2-2 draw thus England retain blah blah..

Top Runscorers: Ricky Ponting overall; Ian Bell for England

Top Wicket Takers: Mitchell Johnson, so good on home conditions, overall; Stuart Broad for England

Failures: Have a feeling Steven Finn might get dropped - not playing too badly but because Tremlett is more useful at this stage, also Colly might have a tough time; Hauritz at some point

Returning: Tremlett, Morgan; Siddle

Surprise Packages: Marcus North will be very good and consistent :laugh:; Belly

morgieb

Another prediction:

If the Aussies lose, expect the Australian media to blame it on the amount of people from different countries in the England side.

Burgey

Being serious,has anyone thought they may have got their prediction wrong after the way the Aussies keep losing?

I know it is a different format but it is still the majority of the same players and losing becomes a habit.

Whatever you think this is hardly ideal preparation for the 25th.

I know England need to show form yet but as it stands at the moment they look the confident side who are relaxed and know their roles and Australia are scratching round looking for the right formula.Such a reverse in roles from the last 3 or 4 ashes series in Australia and we all know how they ended up.
You keep trotting out this ****, but England have lost here every series since before you were born.

Now THAT'S a habit.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Australia 2 England 1

Leading run scorer: Ponting, is an obvious point but he really is so crucial to this series and got a nasty feeling he is going to have a good one.

Most Wickets: Broad, will win England their test match.

Finn to do better than a lot of people expect but Tremlett to come in and do well when someone gets injured.

North to play every test.

Collingwood to be dropped by the 5th test.

Ruckus

International Captain
Scoreline: 3-1 Australia
Top Runscorers: Ricky Ponting followed by KP
Top Wicket Takers: Bollinger followed by Johnson
Dumpings: Marcus North
Debutant/Returning Players: Usman Khawaja
Suprise: Hussey will score some runs, Finn will lose

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
WRONG.8-)

Want to troll get it right.
Flibbertyjibber - hilarious though it is that the Aussies keep losing, please laugh at the situation in moderation, doing it to wind other members up is not okay. Also, accusing other members of trolling is not acceptable. Consider this a warning.

Matt79

Global Moderator
That wasn't great stuff from you either Burgey. The "it's the Ashes (therefore I have the right to be abusive to English members if I feel like it)" line really isn't going to be looked kindly upon. You know the drill, report baiting and don't make the situation worse by insulting people or baiting yourself.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Flibbertyjibber - hilarious though it is that the Aussies keep losing, please laugh at the situation in moderation, doing it to wind other members up is not okay. Also, accusing other members of trolling is not acceptable. Consider this a warning.
Great modding! :laugh:

Son Of Coco

Score: 8-0 to Australia

Top Runscorers: Michael Clarke (1200 runs @ 1200); Jimmy Anderson (12 runs @ 1.2)

Top Wicket Takers: Hilfenhorse (32 wickets @ 0.12); Collingwood (1 wicket @ 1285)

Failures: Ian Bell's heart; Jimmy's hairdresser; Broad's girdle.

Returning: Steve Harmison gets flown out to replace a homesick KP, who promptly returns to Johannesburg.

Surprise Packages:

1)Yet another player who has been talked up for his performances against weak nations doesn't live up to standards.

2) Steve Smith.

3) Mitch reveals his 'surprise package' on the balcony after Australia regain The Ashes to the delight of Jessica Bratich, who goes on to tear his middle stump completely out of the ground later that night. Reports of the dalliance in the paper the next day suggest Mitch had good rhythm, but still 'sprayed it around everywhere'.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Note to self: stop mixing people's ages with their IQs.
We have no such problem with you...from reading your posts it's obvious that you're senile and old :ph34r:

That wasn't great stuff from you either Burgey. The "it's the Ashes (therefore I have the right to be abusive to English members if I feel like it)" line really isn't going to be looked kindly upon. You know the drill, report baiting and don't make the situation worse by insulting people or baiting yourself.
I feel like I mustn't be trying hard enough if Burgey has had a warning and I haven't yet :ph34r:

Spark

Global Moderator
Must admit I chuckled a bit at this myself

social

England have less talented players but will win in a similar fashion to '09 because they are a better team

Pains me to say it but that's the truth

Oscillatingmind

U19 Cricketer
England have less talented players but will win in a similar fashion to '09 because they are a better team

Pains me to say it but that's the truth
Nothing irks me more then looking back at the 09 stats, and thinking about the Cardiff test & one wicket away from victory.

I mean seriously look at the other day in the ODI, whats wrong? theres no ****ing definite plan is there? its just bowl to get a wicket, yorker, yorker, bouncer, bouncer & repeat, when it counts we don't get the wickets, its cost us.