• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Finals/Final - Australia, Sri Lanka, England and Pakistan

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, Broad pick of the bowling by miles, don't think it was that hard a decision really.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
1/24? That one being Jayasuriya? Don't see him getting it.
Broad was more economical and took out Jayawardene and then broke the Matthews/Kapugedera partnership.
Only saw the last five overs of the SL innings and Sid looked v impressive at the death. No probs with Chris jnr getting it tho.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, Broad pick of the bowling by miles, don't think it was that hard a decision really.
Yeah, agreed. Cricinfo still hasn't updated so I'm claiming I called it along with you as my post came before I saw Brumby's :p

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I rushed home for this, ha glad I did but what a doddle

Hyped for Sunday. Cup's got our name all over it. We've beaten pakistan once and we'll do it again.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'll support England against Australia (can't get over the douche image of the new brigade), not against Pakistan though.
I think I might be the other way round.

WTF, we were chasing 120 to dump them out of the tourney before the heavens opened, now they're in the final. ****in Guyanese rain.

AaronK

State Regular
i have a feeling that it will be Pakistan vs England.. I mean we have seen finals like that before where two teams met and then afew months later they played test matches with each other..
there was a news in Jung newspaper that umar akmal has injured himself.. so if he misses out it will be a huge bonus for Aussies.. well not that they need it.. but his presence may make a difference..

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hmm, dunno if I fancy Pakistan here actually. Unlike South Africa last year, Australia are really rather good at semi-finals.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
What a win for England.....good to see that....If Australia beats Pak in the semis due to some Act of God. I would like to see England win against Aus in the final...its a super team..playing some great Cricket. Australia on the other hand should not win because if they do, they will add to the confusion for their fans about how big of a joke they are in T20.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Great stuff. Had England at 12-1 before the tournament started each-way.

Top order should be the same for the 50 over stuff.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Still reckon Trott would be better value in ODIs than Lumb.
Can bring Trott in at 4 as Yardy will surely drop out with Luke Wright/Colly/KP getting more time with the ball.

Go with Kes, Lumb, KP, Trott, Colly, Morgan, Wright, Broad, Swann, ?, Anderson

Fusion

Global Moderator
Umer Akmal doubtful for semi-final

ST LUCIA: Young Pakistan cricketer Umar Akmal has become unfit and his appearance in tomorrow’s semi-final against Australia is looking doubtful.

Geo News reporter Abdul Majid Bhatti, present in St Lucia, said that Umar Akmal after having back pain was taken to a local hospital where he will be going through an MRI test.

The final decision on his inclusion in the team for the semi-final will depend on his MRI report.

Meanwhile, Pakistan under-19 batsman Hammad Azam may be given T20 international cap in the semi-final if Umar Akmal does not get fit.

If the above is true, then what little chance we had tomorrow has gone down even lower.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Can bring Trott in at 4 as Yardy will surely drop out with Luke Wright/Colly/KP getting more time with the ball.

Go with Kes, Lumb, KP, Trott, Colly, Morgan, Wright, Broad, Swann, ?, Anderson
Nah, Lumb's not got a great List A record and his greatest strength this tournament has been how quickly he's scored his runs as opposed to how many runs he's scored. I see him purely as a T20 player just now - if he goes well for Hampshire domestically, by all means have a look at him in the ODIs against Bangladesh.

NasserFan207

I think I might be the other way round.

WTF, we were chasing 120 to dump them out of the tourney before the heavens opened, now they're in the final. ****in Guyanese rain.
Yeah I know. But you have no idea how much I want to punch Johnson in the face. Watson is nearly as bad for me. They both make it almost impossible for me to support Australia. Pity they're so damn good.

I would like Pakistan to win just due to the utter hilarity it will provide.

NasserFan207

I should mention that his muppet-like face reminds me somehow of the Royal Family also. :ph34r:

I will concede that the guy is a heartbreakingly talented bowler unfortunately.