• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Cup 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There is an audio link on that webpage, just as so often is the case he speaks more intelligently than most have on the subject.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha yeah, that's the same press conference. Seriously looked like he was about to get up and deck the guy at one point. He really is the angriest man in the world.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
What's the big deal about this? "If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying."

It's the job of the players to get away with as much as possible, and it's the job of the refs to stop them. If they don't see it, it's good enough for me.

Craig

World Traveller

It's the job of the players to get away with as much as possible, and it's the job of the refs to stop them. If they don't see it, it's good enough for me.
So diving, play acting, to win penalties, free kicks, and to waste time is acceptable? What about about a fast bowler tamperering the ball? I can never understand why Waqar Younis, Wasim Akram, and Inram Khan would resort to such a thing, when they were already great bowlers.

ripper868

International Coach

Basically sums up whats wrong with soccer the world over.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Is true of most Sports though, although maybe not in such an extreme form as put across in that post. Are some notable exceptions though, Golf and Snooker for example.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Love what Wenger says, best reaction I have heard so far I think.
"Football accepts that a billion people see it, one guy doesn't see it, and yet it is the one who prevails. It cannot work," said the Gunners boss.

:laugh:
Haha, just listening to it now. Wenger, WAG.
There is an audio link on that webpage, just as so often is the case he speaks more intelligently than most have on the subject.
Surprised he saw the incident at all TBH. :ph34r:

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year

Craig

World Traveller
One thing that does annoy me about the FAI is that, even if the Gallas goal was disallowed, Ireland were no certainties to go through, still could of lost in the penalty shoot-out.

Anyhow, on a different subject, they printed the likely pots for 2010 World Cup draw:

Pot 1: South Africa, Brazil, Spain, Italy, Argentina, England, Germany, France

Pot 2: Netherlands, Portugal, Switzerland, Greece, Serbia, Denmark, Slovakia, Slovenia

Pot 3: Australia, New Zealand, Mexico, USA, Honduras, Japan, South Korea, North Korea

Pot 4: Cameroon, Côte d'Ivoire, Algeria, Ghana, Nigeria, Paraguay, Uruguay, Chile

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
...really?
Yes.

So diving, play acting, to win penalties, free kicks, and to waste time is acceptable?
Yes, if you can get away with it. It's up to the administrators to make rules and enforce them. It's the players job to win with whatever they can get away with it.

What about about a fast bowler tamperering the ball?
Yup, if you can get away with it. It's up to the umpires and administrators to catch and punish them.

I can never understand why Waqar Younis, Wasim Akram, and Inram Khan would resort to such a thing, when they were already great bowlers.
Because it made you more likely to win. Same reason Shane Warne appealed for any ball that hit any body part within 20 miles of the stumps. Or why batsmen don't walk when they know they hit it.

You're all talking about the same thing. If you can get away with it, why wouldn't you do it? The umpires and the administrators are there for a reason.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.