• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Cup 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha I absolutely love the guy. I'm fully aware that he's an asshole but still love him. You can see in interviews like these what it was that not only made Keane so successful as a player, but made United so successful when he was their captain.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haha I absolutely love the guy. I'm fully aware that he's an asshole but still love him. You can see in interviews like these what it was that not only made Keane so successful as a player, but made United so successful when he was their captain.
Yeah agree with this, I really dislike the guy, on pretty much every level possible, but can't deny the fact that his attitude in this regard is spot on. I really hate the "let's blame everyone else" mentality which seems to be adopted by a large chunk of society, ranging from sport to politics to just everyday parts of life. Is it really so hard to just say "yeah, fair one, my bad" and speak of your own strengths rather than just making bull**** excuses and smearing the reputation of everyone else?

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Keane was and is a ****ing disgrace to the game (handball or maliciously injuring someone, I know which is worse). Should shut the **** up and concentrate on getting some results for Ipswich, the ****.

Wolves are doing quite well too, btw......

Uppercut

I've no sympathy for Alfie Haaland at all.

I was in a bar last week in the centre of town and on the table beside me there was a bunch of about 12 slightly rowdy Welsh guys sitting around having a few drinks. Some Asian bloke with a couple of friends had a disagreement with one of them about something or other and tried to end it by saying "**** it, you're all a bunch of ****ing sheep-shagging ****s." They all fell silent, one of them stood up and said, "what did you just say?" The guy replies, "I said, you're all a bunch of ****ing sheep-shagging ****s!" Five minutes later, an ambulance arrived.

You can't justify what the Welsh guys did, but the man's just too ****ing stupid to feel sorry for. I feel the same way about Alfie Haaland. What the **** did he expect to happen when he accused Roy Keane of play-acting to avoid a booking?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Accusing somone of cheating and a racially aggravated assault are two entirely different things, if someone told me I had dived or something I wouldn't get up and try to injure him.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
And that isn't being ****ing stupid?
:laugh:

Seriously though Uppercut - I've not got much time for Haaland and his milking of the whole situation became pretty tiresome, but there's no excuse for Keano going out onto the field and deliberately trying to injure a fellow pro, no matter how he felt about him.

Uppercut

:laugh:

Seriously though Uppercut - I've not got much time for Haaland and his milking of the whole situation became pretty tiresome, but there's no excuse for Keano going out onto the field and deliberately trying to injure a fellow pro, no matter how he felt about him.
Completely agree, ftr. Having no sympathy for Haaland isn't the same thing as thinking what Keane did was okay.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Quite clever really, positioning himself more positively by generously supporting something he knows has no chance whatsoever of actually happening.
Yeah indeed, clearly would have never happened if Fifa has suggested that the possibility of a replay was in the balance.

Status
Not open for further replies.