• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group E - England, India, South Africa, West Indies

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Has there ever been a better all-round performance than that from Bravo in any T20 game, let alone International T20s?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
It ****ing annoys me so much that Dhoni did not acknowledge the bowling problems in his interview, and only said they'll hope to get a bigger score next time.

Don't just palm off the problems, change the bloody bowling line-up.

ret

International Debutant
Easy win for WI, who are playing excellent cricket

Ind has its work cut out. Have to beat both Eng and SA convincingly. I didn't watch Ind's inning but Dhoni's 11 of 23 looks like too many balls wasted .... Sehwag is being missed as Ind needs someone who can get a quick 60 at the top and set the tone then ppl like UV and YP can finish it off

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
India:surrender:no::no:

We now need to beat South Africa to get through this group of death, I don't like our chances.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Atherton suggested on Sky in the UK there's been a few whispers that Sehwag & Dhoni not exactly bosom chums. Any truth to this, does anyone know? If so why? :unsure:

Dissector

International Debutant
India:surrender:no::no:

We now need to beat South Africa to get through this group of death, I don't like our chances.
Yes with our batsmen struggling against short-pitched stuff and our quicks struggling at the death it's looking pretty grim.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Atherton suggested on Sky in the UK there's been a few whispers that Sehwag & Dhoni not exactly bosom chums. Any truth to this, does anyone know? If so why? :unsure:
Not sure of the details but Dhoni called a press conference of unity, involving the whole squad, after allegations into this rift.

Yes with our batsmen struggling against short-pitched stuff and our quicks struggling at the death it's looking pretty grim.
Innit, I'm horrendously worried.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Atherton is basically repeating the gutter Indian media news. No substance to it at all from any report. Even if it were true, no one could know because the rule is, when in doubt, rule in favour of whoever isn't the Indian media in the issue.

Sehwag's injured anyway, so its irrelevant.

gvenkat

State Captain
The group got all the more interesting, Atleast we know for sure one of the teams will be going to the semis tomorrow and one other will be eliminated on Sunday.. But i think it will still boil down to the last match between India and South Africa.. :)

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Not sure of the details but Dhoni called a press conference of unity, involving the whole squad, after allegations into this rift.
Atherton is basically repeating the gutter Indian media news. No substance to it at all from any report. Even if it were true, no one could know because the rule is, when in doubt, rule in favour of whoever isn't the Indian media in the issue.

Sehwag's injured anyway, so its irrelevant.
He did say India's press makes ours look tame by comparsion, which if true is staggering.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not much you can do but accept it was an incredible innings which took it away from us. Still think we can get through the Saffies but there are a lot of players who need to step up now.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not much you can do but accept it was an incredible innings which took it away from us. Still think we can get through the Saffies but there are a lot of players who need to step up now.
India are full of match-winners, especially in their batting, but the all-round strength of South Africa is incredible. There's just no weak link whatsoever. Their fifth bowler was a mild concern, being made up of Duminy, Kallis and Morkel, but given how Kallis bowled on Thursday i don't really think that applies any more.

gvenkat

State Captain
India are full of match-winners, especially in their batting, but the all-round strength of South Africa is incredible. There's just no weak link whatsoever. Their fifth bowler was a mild concern, being made up of Duminy, Kallis and Morkel, but given how Kallis bowled on Thursday i don't really think that applies any more.
But remember the last time Indians were in the same position and the southafricans too.... and Indians knocked the stuffing out of the southafricans...

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Surely RP needs to come into the picture now for Ishant and also why hasn't Rohit bowled a single over so far especially after taking fair few wickets in IPL?

Xuhaib

International Coach
Surely RP needs to come into the picture now for Ishant and also why hasn't Rohit bowled a single over so far especially after taking fair few wickets in IPL?
RP is a useless trundler who is crap when there is no swing Ishant just had an off night will bounce back he's too good to consistently under perform.

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
Haha....India soundly thrashed......Dhoni's batting was painful. Looks like this is the end of the road as they will never beat the South Africans.