A few predictions…..Corey Taylor |
It’s temping to believe that it’s all too early to make any serious predictions about the Ashes series based on one day of a tour match. And in the hands of lesser mortals, that would be the end of the matter. So, anyway, here are some predictions, feel free to throw them up at a later date and mock them when they all go pear-shaped. If, however, I turn out to be right……..
– Phillip Hughes will be out for several run-a-ball scores < 30, at least one of them ending with Hughes standing behind the 'keeper swinging wildy towards fine-leg, middle stump cart-wheeling backwards, the bowler totally confused as he subsequently reveals he was aiming for his stupid earring.
- Peter Siddle will get mad. REAL mad.
- Shane Watson will hack the internet and remove all 78345 articles about his latest knee injury, replacing them with a one-page sheet entitled 'Shane Watson Facts'.
- Brett Lee will go for 100+ runs in every innings he plays but will also score a similar amount with the bat, claiming it "evens itself out." No mate......
- Mitchell Johnson will break Greame Smith's finger. Somehow.
In other more serious news, in what must surely be the worst-kept secret of all time about anything, Aussie pace bowlers Brett Lee and Stuart Clark will target Andrew Strauss. That they might not play in the first Test hasn't deterred them from doing so.