ECricket is a freeware game currently under development by Paul Robson. The current list of planned features are
- Freeware. (voluntarycharitydonationware probably)
- Top down skewed perspective view.
- Fast game progression so test matches don’t take too long.
- Full support for as many teams as you want to type in.
- Clean, effective and simple graphics.
- Batsmen have a total of 8 possible strokes.
- Supports Left and Right handed batsmen.
- Dismissals include Caught, Bowled, Lbw, Run Out and Stumped.
- Lbws are calculated accurately.
- Batsmen are defined by 2 numerical characteristics.
- Bowler types include Seam, Finger and Wrist Spin, Left and Right Handers.
- Bowlers are defined by 4 numerical characteristics.
- Game skills are highly configurable from easy to insanely hard.
- Game parameters can be tweaked as much as you like.
- No random effects so 4 hours play not ruined by “rain”.
- Keep track of averages.
- “Add your own commentary” feature.
- Save/Load games at end of each over.
- Open source (eventually).
- Written in C with virtualised I/O for easy cross platform porting.
- Works on any resolution, any colour depth.
- Uses Allegro (3.12 or 3.99+) for easy installation and reliability.