View Poll Results: Which team do you dislike the most?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • Australia

28 31.11%
  • England

15 16.67%
  • Pakistan

10 11.11%
  • India

24 26.67%
  • West Indies

1 1.11%
  • South Africa

2 2.22%
  • New Zealand

1 1.11%
  • Bangladesh

3 3.33%
  • Sri Lanka

2 2.22%
  • U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

4 4.44%
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Most Disliked Cricket Team

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    My most hated team is Lanca****e by a long, long way. Their chant of "Ooooooh, a-Lanky, Lanky" etc. used to annoy the hell out of me.

Disappointed they're not an option in the poll.
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Adam Wheater - Another batsman off the Essex production line
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.

That Essex shirt made me vomit, tbh.

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltman View Post
    That Essex shirt made me vomit, tbh.
    Shut it you slaaaag.

Mind you, the blue/yellow/green colour scheme is pretty vile anyway.

International Vice-Captain Days of Grace's Avatar
    Canada worth a shout, tbh.

Load of ex-pat and discarded hacks whose passports have no creases in them as yet.

Get some Canadian-born players in there and I might start supporting ye.

Probably a tie between India and Pakistan but I don't especially dislike any one team.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Days of Grace View Post
    Canada worth a shout, tbh.

Load of ex-pat and discarded hacks whose passports have no creases in them as yet.

Get some Canadian-born players in there and I might start supporting ye.
    But that's not going to happen. I don't know if you've read my other posts on this matter or not, but people outside of the immigrant community here in Canada don't have a clue what cricket is and nor do they care. The only way to make Canadians care about cricket is to popularize it in the US first. But that won't ever happen. Having New Zealand and Sri Lanka play some games in Florida to grow the sport there is absurd, how that will popularize the sport in the US is beyond me. It's a laughable strategy. They won't even care if the US were playing the game, why the hell would they care if two countries half-way accross the world were to do so. It makes no sense, am I the only one who saw this as a completely idiotic attempt by the ICC?

Anyway, back on topic, surely this is not a reason to hate the Canadian team. A lot of these Canadian players are well respect citizens who are amateurs in the game, have 9-5 jobs and a family to support. But they play the sport because they love it, they have a passion for the game. And they are working hard to grow the game in the country, they are making an attempt. This is certainly something that is commendable. A lot of these players are professionals working in the field of banking/finance, health care, technology, etc. But for them to come out and compete, and work hard on something they have a passion for and actually make a strong attempt to grow the game in the country deserves credit. It's not the ICC that will be growing the game across different borders, rather the respected citizens of the countries.
    Last edited by Turbinator; 06-03-2011 at 05:30 PM.

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Would have picked America if they had a team worthy of disliking, however, as it stands...
    Mark Waugh
    "He's [Michael Clarke] on Twitter saying sorry for not walking? Mate if he did that in our side there'd be hell to play. AB would chuck his Twitter box off the balcony or whatever it is. Sorry for not walking? Jesus Christ man."
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it into a fruit salad
    RIP Craigos

Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbinator View Post
    But that's not going to happen. I don't know if you've read my other posts on this matter or not, but cricket outside of the immigrant community here in Canada don't have a clue what cricket is and nor do they care. The only way to make Canadians care about cricket is to popularize it in the US first. But that won't ever happen. Having New Zealand and Sri Lanka play some games in Florida to grow the sport there is absurd, how that will popularize the sport in the US is beyond me. It's a laughable strategy. They won't even care if the US were playing the game, why the hell would they care if two countries half-way accross the world were to do so. It makes no sense, am I the only one who saw this as a completely idiotic attempt by the ICC?

Anyway, back on topic, surely this is not a reason to hate the Canadian team. A lot of these Canadian players are well respect citizens who are amateurs in the game, have 9-5 jobs and a family to support. But they play the sport because they love it, they have a passion for the game. And they are working hard to grow the game in the country, they are making an attempt. This is certainly something that is commendable. A lot of these players are professionals working in the field of banking/finance, health care, technology, etc. But for them to come out and compete, and work hard on something they have a passion for and actually make a strong attempt to grow the game in the country deserves credit. It's not the ICC that will be growing the game across different borders, rather the respected citizens of the countries.
    Also, to add onto the above post. Having lived in Canada all my life, I was first introduced to the sport by my parents, who moved here from India. I fell in love with the sport, and became an increasingly passionate Indian fan ever since the 2003 WC. I established, managed, captained and coached my own high school cricket team. I grew awareness of the sport in my community. I organized cricket games amongst our school team and the local police officers and firefighters. It caught the attention of many students at my school, even those who were not of Indian, British, Pakistani origin.

But I am not the only case, there are a lot of other passionate individuals out there who love the sport and are of Indian, British, Pakistani origin (some born here, some not) who are making a strong attempt to grow the sport in this country.

Toss-up between South Africa & India for me, but so long as Harbhajan is in the team, India will always nose it. Once he's gone though, South Africa will romp it home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Mitch Johnson is ****ing awesome for cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Ponting's ability to ton up in the first innings of a series should not be understated. So much pressure, so important. What a great!

I voted west indies

I don't really dislike any of the teams, but the west indies are the most uninteresting to me

School Boy/Girl Captain Tom 1972's Avatar
    I would choose England if they didn't have G.Swann in their side who is one of my faves.

So outside of that, I have to hand the mantle to India... rabid fans + abundance of talent = tall poppies that should be chopped down. Although if we Aussies don't take a broom to our selection committee some time soon I might consider turning on my own.

RE:
    Sri Lanka, with:
    Vaas, Jayasuria & Murali pretty much gone;
    Jayawardene & Sangakarra turning 34 y.o.;
    Samaraweera & Dilshan turning 35;

Am I right that they're just about to go through the glut of ATG Sri Lankan retirees that Australia went through with Warne, McGrath, Hayden, Langer, Gilchrist? Is this WC their "last hurrah". Thoughts?

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Does Libya have a team?
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Reckon everyone should add their reasons for disliking nominated team. Get a bit of spice in the thread

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Does Libya have a team?

Cricket In Libya

Essendon Bombers.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information