• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most Disliked Cricket Team

Which team do you dislike the most?

• Total voters

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Obviously no votes for SA: they have the most likable fans & players; dynamic, exuberant and stylish play; and a "wonderful country" to boot. :ph34r:

Edit: Oh, and did I mention relevant: Every time the team loses it's a "choke," no matter who the opposition.
SA has Steyn and Morkel. How can you dislike them

slip

Cricket Spectator
India
Canada
Kenya
Ireland
Sri Lanka
West Indies (Bring back the 80's)
Zimbabwe
Bangladesh
Netherlands

Dislike
England ( beating them at anything which we always do is great)
New Zealand ( oh geez, who are these people, choice bro )
South Africa ( very competitive, but always beat them cause they choke lol )
Pakistan ( how many tours have we cancelled cause of security reasons)

:)

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
I am one of the few guys around I think who like Harbhajan. Before he came into the team we had too many nice guys around and boy were we pussies when we faced an aggressive team especially away from home. He was among the first guys who gave it to the opponents. Yes he talked a lot but he wasn't a goose like Sreesanth.

I actually started liking him more after the Sydney controversy. The whole series seemed to be one where every Aussie was trying to tip him over the line with their sledging and tip over he did. This ganging up kind of made me like him even more.

Also, like it when he gets going in the thrillers like the Asia cup game against Pakistan, the Kolkatta test against SA and so on.

This post wasn't to disagree with anyone just about how I like Harbhajan and why.
I agree with you there. Never disliked Harbhajan. He isn't prick like Sreesanth, who I cannot stand. Harbhajan's aggression is like that of Aussies, and we can do with one or two guys like that.

Last edited:

salman85

International Debutant
I kind of like Harbhajan.Hated him during his alteration with Shoaib Akhtar during the Asia Cup (:p),though i like the guy otherwise.

The alteration was fun to hear though :

I read somewhere that Harbhajan used the above mentioned words.Shoaib's words were loud and clear on the mic though.Punjabi Language FTW :D

Last edited by a moderator:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I think Harbhajan is an arsehole essentially because he behaves like one with or without provocation.

There was a documentary made about an airport in New Zealand a few years back (a clip was posted on CW, actually) and it showed the Indian team arrived for a tour. All the team was polite and gracious, signing autographs and posing for pics except Harbhajan who was busy behaving like a spoilt brat to the immigration staff. NZ has a strict rule about not importing earth from outside the country which could contain microbes that might harm their native flora or fauna. When challenged Harbhajan claimed his boots were clean, but, on inspection, his spikes were caked with mud. His demeanor throughout was that of a jumped up prick: rude, surly and obstructive.

How famous people behave to civilians, especially those who are politely doing their jobs, is often instructive I think.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
[Dislike
New Zealand ( oh geez, who are these people, choice bro ):)
Good banter. Really creative stuff.

I think Harbhajan is an arsehole essentially because he behaves like one with or without provocation.

There was a documentary made about an airport in New Zealand a few years back (a clip was posted on CW, actually) and it showed the Indian team arrived for a tour. All the team was polite and gracious, signing autographs and posing for pics except Harbhajan who was busy behaving like a spoilt brat to the immigration staff. NZ has a strict rule about not importing earth from outside the country which could contain microbes that might harm their native flora or fauna. When challenged Harbhajan claimed his boots were clean, but, on inspection, his spikes were caked with mud. His demeanor throughout was that of a jumped up prick: rude, surly and obstructive.

How famous people behave to civilians, especially those who are politely doing their jobs, is often instructive I think.
Harbhajan also claimed he'd never tour NZ again after that little episode - I've never liked the jumped-up **** since then.

salman85

International Debutant
A lot of players who appear to be ****s on the onfield are probably nice people off it.Have a hard time being on the right side of the agression line perhaps.

smash84

The Tiger King
Poor Harbhajan the victim
:laugh:

I hate that little **** Harby. Worst guy.
awta

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

well said...........and I absolutely hate his celebration style after taking a wicket. Has to be the worst ever in the history of cricket (except maybe Sreesanth might beat him at times). Most of the Indian batsmen are quite gentleman.

Dravid WAG

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I have a certain dislike for South Africa.Even some of their players like Smith for example.But they would not be the team i dislike most.The only reason i dislike them is because they are so robotic.I've never found their team exciting like the West Indies for example.Boo-****ing-Hoo.

Most boring,unimaginative team ever.
Steyn, Morkel, Tahir, Kallis, Amla, De Villiers. Enough said.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Exciting,Boring,Boring,BORING,boring,OK. Enough Said.
In which world is Amla boring :blink: Tahir's an exciting new bowler on top of the bowling charts. Morkel is ****ing amazing. Kallis has an entire sport named after him.

Last edited:

salman85

International Debutant
None taken.

I've never been a fan of Amla.Not exactly the guy i'd pay to watch.

Last edited:

Himannv

International Coach
Personally find Amla boring as well. Definitely de villiers is anything but boring however and Tahir isn't too bad to watch either.