• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 21 - England v South Africa

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SeamUp

International Coach
Zulu has a disappointingly nasal voice, it must be said. Expected something deeper.
Hehe especially the way he crunched a cricket ball.

No but seriously he has always been soft speaker and slightly nasal. Surprisingly quite an a modest and shy bloke. Never thought commentary would be his thing.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
A pitch like this makes things interesting. I'm not a fan of 350 vs 300 for every ODI pitch.
Somewhere between the two would be nice, pitches where 250 is a good score are ideal. This is good stuff though, much more fun than some games despite it being onesided.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well another wicket in the next 10 minutes and it might get interesting.

Be nice if they were 110-5 and we had a nailbiting finish.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
It feels like 1 Englisman versus 11 South African's right now. Gripping cricket and Swann will probably end with figures of 1/30 that no statsguru filter could quantify the sheer awesomeness of his bowling.

Spark

Global Moderator
In the end Graeme Smith has done bloody brilliantly to waste, basically, half of Swann's spell when he clearly couldn't make head or tail of him.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Kallis asks Prior if it's carried. He says yes and Kallis walks.

Good sportsmanship, but having seen much footage of "catches" by keepers in recent years, I'd not have done that.

It was out here anyway. Good stuff.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Just a theory, but I'm going to run with it: it's occurred to me that one of the myriad reasons why we're a much better test outfit is probably because a team can get away with only having four bowlers in the longer format and one can be hidden if they're having an off day with a class spinner to wheel away from one end.

In ODIs when ten is the max and five bowlers a bare minimum our lack of depth is badly exposed. In T20 it's easier to muddle thru 4 or 8 overs too.

Kallis goes, smart take from Prior coming forward.

Spark

Global Moderator
SA have to be really careful here. On this wicket Broad can run through you like a hot knife like he does every now and then if you let him.