• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which Cricketer Are you Most excited about this WC ?

Who Will Set the WC 2007 Alight ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

legglancer12

School Boy/Girl Captain
So Its getting to be that special time all us cricket lovers have been waiting for. I have already planned to Call-in sick quite a bit in the next couple of months. Who do you think is going to stamp his mark this world cup.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd love to call in sick too, but that might mean I actually miss the cricket, so I might just trudge in.

FRAZ

International Captain
Shouldn't it be in the WC forum? But anyways my choice would have been 'Hillel Awasker' but his team could not qualify !!!!!!!!!

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The poll option asks who'll set it alight, my money would have been on Mark Vermeulen, if he'd been there.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
The poll option asks who'll set it alight, my money would have been on Mark Vermeulen, if he'd been there.
:laugh:

Anyway, Lara of the options above. As it's his last (probly) WC I'm hoping the great man really turns it one for his home crowd. :)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Disappointed Saurav Ganguly's not on that list for mine...

Nah, I can't possibly say there's any 1 player: I'm hoping for good performances from any number. Here are a few...

Graeme Smith, AB de Villiers, Jacques Kallis, Jacobus Rudolph, Mark Boucher, Shaun Pollock, Andre Nel, Makhaya Ntini, Sanath Jayasuriya, Marvan Atapattu, Kumar Sangakkara, Tillikeratne Dilshan, Chaminda Vaas, Muttiah Muralitharan, Saurav Ganguly, Robin Uthappa, Rahul Dravid, Sachin Tendulkar (please... PLEASE bat him at four not three!), Yuvraj Singh, Mahendra Dhoni, Harbhajan Singh, Munaf Patel, Craig McMillan, Ross Taylor, Jacob Oram, Daniel Vettori, Shane Bond, Chris Gayle, Brian Lara, Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Ryan Hinds, Ian Bradshaw, Shoaib Malik, Inzamam-Ul-Haq, Mohammad Yousuf, Abdur\l Razzaq, Mohammad Asif, Shabbir Ahmed, Shoaib Akhtar, Adam Craig Gilchrist, Ricky Ponting, Bradley Haddin, Bradley Hodge, Nathan Bracken, Glenn McGrath, Kevin Pietersen, Andrew Flintoff, Prosper Utseya, Gary Brent, Edward Rainsford, Shahriar Nafees Ahmed, Mohammad Rafique.

I'm sure I've missed someone... :unsure:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
:laugh: Very good

As for the question. Not really interested in seeing anyone. More interested in seeing decent cricket than individuals.

haroon510

International 12th Man
Where is Kumara Sangakara?
i think he would have a good world cup. also if asif plays. if not from pakistan it would be again yousuf with leading runs.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ashish Bagai looks like a bit of talent and a relative home grown player by Canada's standards.
He actually impressed me in 2003, so if he's improved since he should be a good player to keep an eye on.

Anyway, to answer the question (but won't vote in the poll since neither of them are there), Dwayne Bravo and (NZ bias mode) Ross Taylor.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mike Hussey, why would you bother watching anyone else play when you've got Huss?

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Looking forward to seeing Ganguly the most. Would love to see him do well.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah, I reckon Ganguly will have a gun tournament, will put a bet on him for top scorer for India and may have a nibble on the whole tournament as well.

pup11

International Coach
My pick is not on the list but i would say Matty hayden might just end his odi career with a bang, same goes with McGrath.