• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Zimbabwe's Future?

Ur Choices?

• Total voters

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Not sure if I'm pleased or not. I think I'd rather have seen them downgraded to an associate member and still play in the T20 than this. That would have seen their influence drop as they wouldn't have had a full vote or the full money, and yet their players would still have had the chance to compete.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
ECB keep the T20 WC plus the money

BCCI keeps control of ICC

ZCC keeps getting money

Everyone's a winner except Zimbabwean cricketers

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
was always on the cards. The Asian Bloc right now has 5 votes out of 10 every time anything comes up for voting. No way can anything they oppose be sanctioned... They weren't going to give up that control this easily.

Politics is always > morality these days.... doesn't matter where you are from.

Sad but true. :(

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I may well be being naive in just asking these questions but until now have never taken much interest in the ICC's machinations.

1.Why do India and Pakistan appear joined at the hip as far as cricketing politics are concerned given the tensions that exist otherwise?

2.Did i not read somewhere that ICC auditors had already established grave irregularities in Chingoka's organisation's accounts? What sort of handout do they actually get and does anyone check what they do with it?

3....... and this may not, given who told me, be true but I have heard that the WICB are the ones who are generally least likely to toe the BCCI line - if this is correct then why are they world cricket's Mr Awkward given their parlous financial state and should they be respected for it?

I have insufficient knowledge to have an opinion on any of the above - I am hoping you guys are present with me the information i need in order to form a view

stumpski

International Captain
Well, last year they received US$11 million from the ICC ... I wouldn't like to hazard a guess as to how many Zimbabwe dollars that is now, I suspect you wouldn't be able to get all the noughts on screen.

As to what was done with that, it's difficult to tell isn't it? The first-class domestic tournament is a shambles, players and officials left unpaid - so I think we can assume most of the cash was simply diverted to Zanu-PF and maybe paid for a nice new Mercedes or two.

pasag

RTDAS
3....... and this may not, given who told me, be true but I have heard that the WICB are the ones who are generally least likely to toe the BCCI line - if this is correct then why are they world cricket's Mr Awkward given their parlous financial state and should they be respected for it?
These days the WI usually follow India, especially after India helped them out with some ODIs and perhaps some financial investment not long ago (can't remember the details) and then WI backed India and the sub-con for the 2011 WC. They know where the money and power lies so in most cases they'll follow India in what they would consider their best interests.

I'll try and find some proper links, though.

Edit: For starters: http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/westindies/content/story/248741.html

Last edited:

biased indian

International Coach
SL Board was just able to pay of their dues with the Zee group giving 50% of the TV rights of the up coming india tour...and SL board plans to have its budget done on the remaining 50% that it will get from Zee group..just illustrate how every one is depended on Indai..dont now whether its good or not though

Howzatone

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
So wait a minute, does this mean that in World Twenty20 Qualifiers in Belfast there'll be three qualifiers rather than four now that Zimbabwe aren't participating? Or does it mean that all the groups will be reshuffled?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
1.Why do India and Pakistan appear joined at the hip as far as cricketing politics are concerned given the tensions that exist otherwise?
Yea, its weird. Both of them have major axe to grind against the English-Australian hegemony that existed and screwed them over for fifty years, and they see it as payback.

brockley

International Captain
Their will be 3 qualifiers from the 20/20 qualifier tournament in ireland,probably scotland,ireland and kenya.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Interesting, I can't stand the guy and haven't been able to since AnyoneButLittleEnglandGate, and hence mostly avoid reading his articles as I can't take them seriously any more knowing of his small-minded prejudices there.

But there's plenty of stuff in there that I agree with. Can't comment on Indian attitudes towards Zimbabwe, obviously, but it's interesting to hear that suggestion.

open365

International Vice-Captain
Zimbabwe, whose decision to pull out from the World Twenty20 cleared the roadblock for the competition to be staged in England, will receive its full participation fee for the tournament.

.............................._,,,,,,,,____,,,,,_
........................,-~"´ : : : : : : : : : : : '\
.....................,-": : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :"-,
....................!: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : '\
...................¡': : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :'\
...................¡: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : \
...................¡: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :'¡
...................¡: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : ________: '¡........_,,,--,....,,
..._,,-~""""""""""~~---,,,_-~~""""""""¨_,,,,,,,--------"!,,,,-~",-~"´,,--"
,-': : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : ""~~~------,,,,,,,,,,-----------~~~~"-~"
..................\,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................/
...................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;................/.\
................../.../.../.../..,-,..*~,.`*~*................*...\
.................|.../.../.../.*`...\...........................)....)¯`~,
.................|./.../..../.......)......,.)`*~-,............/....|..)...`~-,
...............././.../...,*`-,.....`-,...*`....,---......\..../...../..|.........¯```*~-,,,,
................(..........)`*~-,....`*`.,-~*.,-*......|.../..../.../............\........
.................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*..........|.,*...,*...|..............\........
....................*,.........`-,...)-,..............,-*`...,-*....(`-,............\.......
.......................f`-,.........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*....,-*......|...`-,..........\........