• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

You know what really grinds my cricketing gears?

Life on Limbrick

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Just the look I was going for!!
Though I haven't actually used them outside of nets.

How many Brits on here actually play cricket?
I do, have never tried the Aero pads, and don't think i could after the ribbings I have dished out to those who do,

how do they measure up against your more regular pads.

As a side, our wicket keeper uses them and wears his pants over the top, confuses batters as he takes one in the shin and doesnt flinch!

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I do, have never tried the Aero pads, and don't think i could after the ribbings I have dished out to those who do,

how do they measure up against your more regular pads.

As a side, our wicket keeper uses them and wears his pants over the top, confuses batters as he takes one in the shin and doesnt flinch!
They're tremendously light. Ridiculously so.
They're also really comfy on your legs but they don't feel quit right. It's a different sense of comfort from the one where you pull the velcro strap across your traditional pads so that they're tight on your legs. The aero pads just seem to hug your legs, for what of a better phrase.
Sometimes feel a bit clunky but that's because of the material, they don't have the flex of traditional pads.

Haven't brought myself to using them in a match yet, my batting left a lot to be desired last season so the calls of drainpipes/tampon legs can wait just yet.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Hmm yeah, you really have to be pretty good to wear them. Have the P1 thigh-guards and they are awesome, make running so much easier.

Jarquis

Hmm yeah, you really have to be pretty good to wear them. Have the P1 thigh-guards and they are awesome, make running so much easier.
I considered buying a pair, then another bloke on my team did so I had a look at his. I didn't realise quite how bulky they were.
Haven't batted with them so can't say if they'd hamper footwork or anything; though presumably not if they make running easier.
Their size did surprise me though.

Life on Limbrick

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I think the point definately stands that you have to be a pretty good player to pull off having anything extravagant in their kitbad.

One lad in our league had the full kevin peitersen getup, adidas bat, pads, gloves the work, all in the illiminus reflective yellow.

looked like a lollipop man, played like one too.

I eagerly await the first spotting of a mongoose bat on a village green at some point this year.

Jarquis

The first set of kit I bought was all WoodWorm gear, then I realised that just because good players use the gear it doesn't make it good gear. My Newbery Thruxton and Puma BD 6000s are lovely..

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The lack of cricket at the moment

Don't mind watching the odd IPL game but not a huge fan. Indeed, I was in favour of a window for it.

But it just drags on and on and on, and this year there has been so little other cricket to watch.

Bloody boring time atm without a lot of Test cricket, is all I'm saying.

pasag

RTDAS
The lack of cricket at the moment

Don't mind watching the odd IPL game but not a huge fan. Indeed, I was in favour of a window for it.

But it just drags on and on and on, and this year there has been so little other cricket to watch.

Bloody boring time atm without a lot of Test cricket, is all I'm saying.
It's called the off-season for a reason :p

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Commentators talking about floodlights "having an effect" (other than in the sense of lighting up the ground). If the ball starts misbehaving at around dusk, the reason is the change in atmospheric conditions and/or dew and not that some electric lights have been switched on, you complete clowns.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
You know what really bugs me?

When people start going on and on about a certain batsman's weakness being 'the good length away swinger just outside or on offstump.'

NEWSFLASH. This is, and has been, every test batsman in existence's weakness. Ok, some may be slightly better at facing them than others, but (for example), Dravid occasionally nicking a beauty does not mean he has suddenly developed an achilles heel.

It means he got a damn good delivery and got out.

Son Of Coco

Yeah, it's like when someone says, "he's been proven to have a weakness against good swing bowling on helpful wickets"...just like every other batsman in history.

Not really a problem.

When he has a weakness against **** swing/seam bowling on flat decks then he has a problem.