• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Worst bowler to take n or more wickets in Tests?

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Well I never said he does. The OP asked for a discussion. If you feel he doesn't, go ahead make your arguments. This forum exists precisely for that.

rtramdas

U19 12th Man
lol if you think Imran pioneered ball tampering.
i am not sure as to whether ball tampering existed or not, atleast on a large scale before Imran khan's days. But in Imran's days he was the most severe exponent of this treachery act.Several others too might had been involved in this. But as some one who even resorted to bottle tops to alter the condition of the ball regularly and moved on to become one of the so called greats of the game , as some one who passed on the legacy to his two famous disciples who also later went on to be called 'greats' in the times when the game was getting propagated and popularised more and more thru media , Imran
was the most 'impact' candidate for me.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
^Your thoughts on the new generation of disciples - Zaheer, Anderson, Lee, Steyn who successfully swing the old ball?

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
i am not sure as to whether ball tampering existed or not, atleast on a large scale before Imran khan's days. But in Imran's days he was the most severe exponent of this treachery act.Several others too might had been involved in this. But as some one who even resorted to bottle tops to alter the condition of the ball regularly and moved on to become one of the so called greats of the game , as some one who passed on the legacy to his two famous disciples who also later went on to be called 'greats' in the times when the game was getting propagated and popularised more and more thru media , Imran
Your nationalistic agenda is so obvious.

indiaholic

International Captain
Views on Sreesanth?

indiaholic

International Captain
Nah Karnataka player. Sachin Baby is definitely mallu. Napoleon Einstein sounds like something only Mallu or Tam Brahm parents would do to their kids.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
A related question would be who is the worst bowler to have a Test match five-fer

Curious bit of trivia is that Basil Butcher, who played 44 Tests, only ever took five Test wickets, all in the one innings in this famous game
Did Mark Butcher not run through Zimbabwe in an innings during Jimmeh's debut series?

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You have to be totally soulless to believe Harbhajan is among the worst to get 400 wickets. He won games for us from impossible situations.
I will love him forever for that 2001 series but he is by far the worst of the 400-plus club.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I am sure we've heard it before..if not from rtamdas, then from the English fans throughout the 80s and 90s before Ashes 2005. :ph34r:

Or better just read Botham's autobiography

Last edited:

rtramdas

U19 12th Man
^Your thoughts on the new generation of disciples - Zaheer, Anderson, Lee, Steyn who successfully swing the old ball?
were they Imran's disciples? Apart from Steyn who is a genuine great bowler ? Zak, Anderson,Lee all might had swung the old ball a bit.But i don't think any opponents accused them of tampering.

rtramdas

U19 12th Man
I hope rtramdas will elaborate more on how Imran Khan was a ball tamperer and a cheat.
No, Aamir Sohail, Sarfraz Nawaz,John Reid, Balwinder Sandhu and several others had elaborated it in the past. i am just echoing their sentiments.