• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

'World Cup 2011' Draft

Himannv

International Coach
Broad, Morkel, Tendulkar and Pathan all performing. Should help my position in the table a bit hopefully.

kingkallis

International Coach
Standings after 22nd match :

G.I.Joe & marcussjd9 - 3934
Michaelf7777777 & Contra - 3637
NUFAN & marc71178 - 3253
M0rphin3 & weldone - 2885
Howe_zat & Teja - 2631
morgeib & Himannv - 2446
Blaze18 & smalishah84 - 2254
KingKallis - 2144
HeathDavisSpeed & Flyonthewall - 1944
Somerset & centurymaker - 1614
weeman27bob & Cevno - 1582

kingkallis

International Coach
Nah your team has too many batsman.

Surely the team who actually picked Mussey gets Mussey, while you get Ferguson or Nannes.

FTR, It doesn't really bother me. :)
If we follow the rules, I get Mussey.

I was not allowed Devon Smith when Barath was left out so this is simple. Isn't it?

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I personally think that the current rule is fine for when a player that was unavailable to be picked comes into the squad but in the cases of Mussey and Morgan both of them were originally selected by teams so I think they should go to those teams.
We all had the opportunity to pick Mussey and Morgan but only certain teams did so, so they should be theirs. Nobody could pick Bopara on Ferguson so it makes sense that they just fill in the gaps so to speak.

HeathDavisSpeed

Disagree Markarse as you then have the added complexity as to who earns Bopara's or Ferguson's points for the tournament so far. The rule agreed was that you get an injury then you get their replacement. As I recall, I did suggest that you picked XI - you keep that XI whether they take the field or not. Would have made things much simpler.

Jarquis

Well clearly I have Bopara's points thus far and whoever has Ferguson gets his.

As I see it for my team the lineup was
5. Morgan (Bopara).
Bopara was effectively subbing for Morgan for me. Morgan wasn't unpicked or became reavailable etc. Bopara was just filling in.
Now Morgan is back Bopara moves back out and replaces whoever has a hole in their squad left by Pietersen.

Blaze 18

Banned
HeathDavisSpeed is absolutely right. We'd have been much better off without all this crap about replacements and substitutes. Anyway, as per the rules, KingKallis gets Michael Hussey and HDS-FOTW get Eoin Morgan.

Jarquis

Forgive me if I'm wrong but when the rules were made I don't think the possibility of Morgan/Hussey being reselected was considered. In light of such developments I implore that the rules be reconsidered. It's logical ffs.

HeathDavisSpeed

Forgive me if I'm wrong but when the rules were made I don't think the possibility of Morgan/Hussey being reselected was considered. In light of such developments I implore that the rules be reconsidered. It's logical ffs.
The rule was that you get the substitute. The fact that this situation wasn't considered is neither here nor there, we all knew the rules. To change them now would be counter-intuative. If we want to change the rules now, I'd be advocating that no one gets a substitute at all as their success or failure is purely arbitrary and nothing to do with your quality of selection. If you picked an injury prone crock, sobeit.

Stick with the rules and make do, windbag.

NB. Windbag is my new catch all non-insulting insult, so please do not be offended.