• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

<<<World Club Cricket Herald>>>

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
For a start, joining ALFTA, and then not posting teams.

Then there's that WCC clone attempt that's all but died a death.

Not sure how many times you've been involved in WCC, as well as other things you've tried to start on the forum then just faded away.

DJellett

International Debutant
marc71178 said:
For a start, joining ALFTA, and then not posting teams.

Then there's that WCC clone attempt that's all but died a death.

Not sure how many times you've been involved in WCC, as well as other things you've tried to start on the forum then just faded away.
Alright Marc, I'm fed up. F*ck You buddy.

All you do is sit at your PC all day, waiting for someone to post something, then pounce on it's faults like a pack of hungry wolves.

WCC clone attempt? Err, no.

ALFTA - I no longer wanted to play because of one of the management staff. My non submissions were a stand against the opression (AKA - YOU)

And I have been a dedicated member off WCC, spent a whole season in the academy, and then tried my hardest to do all I can for WCC.

Anything else you can think of to have a go about?

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Dylan, unfortunatley Rules are Rules.. I cannot bend the rules for you as other people who have been involved longer then you have suffered the same fate..

IThe only thing you can do is go back to the Academy... But i would suggest you sort out your access issues 1st, its really not a good idea trying to play without a PC...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
DJellett said:
Alright Marc, I'm fed up. F*ck You buddy.
The classic, if losing throw an insult post.

DJellett said:
All you do is sit at your PC all day, waiting for someone to post something, then pounce on it's faults like a pack of hungry wolves.
Wrong actually, but when's that stopped you in the past?

DJellett said:
WCC clone attempt? Err, no.
The only no about it is it's chances of actually working with someone who gets so easily bored in charge.

DJellett said:
ALFTA - I no longer wanted to play because of one of the management staff. My non submissions were a stand against the opression (AKA - YOU)
Please tell me exactly how I was opressive?

Your non-submissions were true to your usual form.

DJellett said:
And I have been a dedicated member off WCC, spent a whole season in the academy, and then tried my hardest to do all I can for WCC.
By not posting a team 3 times in 4 or 5 weeks...

DJellett

International Debutant
Marc, Oceania Cup was, no sorry, is, nothing like WCC.

Firstly, it involves finances. Does WCC?
Second, it has only Aussie and Kiwi players. Does WCC?
Another point - Oceania Cup had interesting team names eg.Darky's Devils. And WCC?

Hmmmm......I would have though that you might use your brain whilst posting.

Apparently not.

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
I think that Marc and Dylan should stop there. This is not the place for this discussion and there won't be a progression of the argument from either party that will ever be resolved.

Blewy has made the right decision and that's final. Dylan, you should sort out your PC issues and return via the academy. I know you are an enthusiastic member of the group and look forward to your return at a later time. Your participation in the academy last season was great. No problems.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i agree Jason, just because ll the other pbem's have threads that end up in fights every day, doesntmean this one should, so take it somewhere else...

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
just don't close the herald it's a place where i can post long boring posts about my team that no one reads

nibbs

International Captain
Sriram to keep four day job till season's end

After captaining his side to a crushing victory over Western Province Warwickshire's four day captain has been informed his job is safe until the end of the season. However Sriram commented that come season end, he'd like to stand down so Daniel Howarth is able to come on through.

"I've had a great time leading this side over the past 2 and a half seasons. I'm pleased that I'll be able to do this until the end of this season. However I'm not getting any younger and I think that Daniel [Howarth] will be able to lead this side very well. He's already shown what he can do the one day side, so he wont have any issues taking on the four day roll."

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
UNDER SEIGE
SA Manager on last legs??

Rumours are rife today that South Australian Manager Simon Fitzsimmons has been given 1 last chance to resurect a mid-season slump from Division 1 hot shots South Australia, or face the axe.

A source from inside the club today told reporters that Fitzsimmons has been given an ultimatum. Fix the problem in the next couple of weeks or face the chop.

Speculations is also high that former manager Brendon Goff has already been contacted in regards to a possible return to the Redbacks if Fitzsimmons is relieved of his duties..

Goff declined to comment when asked, however did offer support for his fellow manager saying "Simon has a tough job, everyone wants to cut down the big boys, but he has the team to get out of this tough situation". There was a hint though that he may consider a return, "I would have to look at my options. At the moment im enjoying my time in ACT :wacko: :blink: , however if they asked me then i would have to consider it".

If the rumours are true then Fitzsimmons couldn't have asked for a worse time for the ultimatum.. With a 2 week road trip to India to take on Rivals Karnataka, South Australia will need to rise to save their manager...

Brought to you by AAP
Copyright ©2004

Simon

Blewy said:
UNDER SEIGE
SA Manager on last legs??

Rumours are rife today that South Australian Manager Simon Fitzsimmons has been given 1 last chance to resurect a mid-season slump from Division 1 hot shots South Australia, or face the axe.

A source from inside the club today told reporters that Fitzsimmons has been given an ultimatum. Fix the problem in the next couple of weeks or face the chop.

Speculations is also high that former manager Brendon Goff has already been contacted in regards to a possible return to the Redbacks if Fitzsimmons is relieved of his duties..

Goff declined to comment when asked, however did offer support for his fellow manager saying "Simon has a tough job, everyone wants to cut down the big boys, but he has the team to get out of this tough situation". There was a hint though that he may consider a return, "I would have to look at my options. At the moment im enjoying my time in ACT :wacko: :blink: , however if they asked me then i would have to consider it".

If the rumours are true then Fitzsimmons couldn't have asked for a worse time for the ultimatum.. With a 2 week road trip to India to take on Rivals Karnataka, South Australia will need to rise to save their manager...

Brought to you by AAP
Copyright ©2004
no ****ing chance, we arent all that far behind and all in all, i dont think this season has been all that bad, ive lost to some good teams, the competition is a lot more even than previous seasons, but losing to Yorkshire cant help the situation.....

Theres no way im quitting the side and if i get sacked, ill just chain myself to the fence of Adelaide oval, until i get my job back....

nibbs

International Captain
Warwickshire hit the lead

Warwickshire manager Kurt Christensen praised his team for their brilliant start to season 4. After completing the first half of the season Warwickshire have recorded a rather solid eight wins from just 10 games. They lead the division 3 four day table and sit second in the one dayers behind Tamil Nadu.

"Our one day side is exceeding expectations. To be second and perhaps 5 games from promotion to division was certianly unthinkable a few seasons ago. But we're here now, and I'm excited about our chances."

With a comfortably win over Tasmania, Warwickshire leap frogged Western Province and Canterbury into the lead, a slender lead at that.

Simon

nibbs said:
Warwickshire hit the lead

Warwickshire manager Kurt Christensen praised his team for their brilliant start to season 4. After completing the first half of the season Warwickshire have recorded a rather solid eight wins from just 10 games. They lead the division 3 four day table and sit second in the one dayers behind Tamil Nadu.

"Our one day side is exceeding expectations. To be second and perhaps 5 games from promotion to division was certianly unthinkable a few seasons ago. But we're here now, and I'm excited about our chances."

With a comfortably win over Tasmania, Warwickshire leap frogged Western Province and Canterbury into the lead, a slender lead at that.
last time i checked, it was season 5....

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
Proving Happy with Pace of Divsion 3

It was what the bookies had predicted before Division 3 even got started... Three sides batteling it out at one end with three at the other. Province manager Slats4ever is happy with that equation.

All three sides have now basically squashed any relegation chances and can focus on gaining promotion. Warwickshire fought back well from an early set back at the hands of Canterbury and haven't dropped a game since, whilst Province have been extremely strong every game, bar 1 where they got hammered by Warwickshire. Canterbury as well are keeping up with their strong counterparts.

The experts think that the first two positions in the division will come down to the match at Newlands which sees Province take on Warwickshire. Will Province have learned from past experiences against the side and go in and fight till the death. Certainly with previous misfortune and close calls going against Province in previous years this year is their year to shine.

DJellett

International Debutant
*Press Release* Jellett Re-Alligns Vodafone Sponsorship

Recently sacked WCC manager Dylan Jellett has announced that he will take his sponsorship deal with Vodafone with him to his new team, the Barcelona Bulls.
The telecommunications giant was said to be very happy with making the move.

Barcelona are expected to release their new uniforms incorparating the Vodafone logo this week. Early sneak peeks of the shirt are below.

Attachments