• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

<<<World Club Cricket Herald>>>

nibbs

International Captain
Warwickshire beat Kent... again, and now need only 3 more wins to secure at least a crack at the promotion-relegation game. Another great team display was what drove Warwickshire to the win. Half centuries to Rowell and Kripal Singh were the driving force behind the batting effort of 249AO. Kent were never in the match as Pascoe and Nelson took three wickets each to see them bowled out for a mere 160.

With Tamil Nadu losing, the title is there for the taking. If Warwickshire beat the out of form Queensland and Kent can knock over Tamil Nadu...well I'll be happy

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Shattered to lose to Canterbury. Even more shattered that one of my best bowlers - Rennie Plummer - didn't get an over and yet Godwin (who has not bowled all season!) bowled 7 overs for 50 runs. Horrible captaincy from Mr. Irving Weekes.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
FITZSIMMONS IN IT DEEP
Motivational Troubles In Camp

Tonight's match in Bangalore just highlighted the problems that Simon Fitzsimmons has getting his team to perform solidly. Failure to bowl out the weak Karnataka side along with a dire collapse and being pummeled on net run-rate saw the side slip to fourth place in the one-day standings, behind a Karnataka side who might just be adjusting to the new rule under new manager Håkon Mørk - who served his first training in the Fitzsimmons-organised Academy league and now got one up over his former master.

Fitzsimmons' management policies was questioned by the Herald only last week, backed up by inside sources from the South Australian board, and despite furious defences of his position, the board in Adelaide must surely question his leadership when a team of that quality is bowled out for a meagre 123. The whole of South Australia fears as their side could quite conceivably lengthen their losing streak against rock-bottom Karnataka at a dustbowl, having already lost to one team with poor statistics before.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Northern Districts win match...and it wasn't a forfeit!!!!
:-O ...

Western Province match fixing?

After a shock defeat to arguably the worst team in the WCC system, rumours are circulating that some Western Province players accepted money to throw the match.
We could get no comment on the matter from Province manager, Slats4ever, but Northern Districts manager, Sean Bennett, has rubbished the claims. "I believe and sincerely hope that this result were just down to us outplaying them. As far as I'm concerned, this is just a sign that things are starting to click for us. I'm sure that the Province players would never accept money to lose and maybe after a few more wins, people will stop jumping to the conclusions that it must be rigged."

ash chaulk

International Captain
TASMANIA STILL SINKING.....

Another lose to australian rivals ACT who continue to post huge numbers everytime the two teams meet is giving tasmanian coaches headaches.

"our bowlers just can't get the *******s out"

on the batting side of tasmania its shakey but i don't think it will change too much for the rest of the season as it looks like doom and gloom for the Team from The Island Shaped like a Muff.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
meh it's one day cricket... i leave my players to do what they want to do as far as OD'ers go

There's a good bit of money to be gained out there as well on the gambling markets

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Shattered to lose to Canterbury. Even more shattered that one of my best bowlers - Rennie Plummer - didn't get an over and yet Godwin (who has not bowled all season!) bowled 7 overs for 50 runs. Horrible captaincy from Mr. Irving Weekes.
Stiff sh*t mate.

I've had a top bowler not bowl an over after the 1st game (where he took 3/33). But I manage to win games.

I'm thinking your just a little cranky cause you lost your 1 game lead over the comp in division 3 :) ;)

nibbs

International Captain
DJellett said:
*cough* F*ck you c*nt
*cough* no one does care about academy teams. i agree with the senitments of marc

*cough* that comment was pretty weeak imo and not called for

*cough* you're not very cool imo, and are more or less pretty ****in lame

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
nibbs said:
*cough* no one does care about academy teams. i agree with the senitments of marc
Academy teams (or their managers) are important to WCC, as the show who is dedicated and who isn't when they move to the big time.

nibbs said:
*cough* that comment was pretty weeak imo and not called for
Finally we agree on something Nibbs, wonders will never cease.

nibbs said:
*cough* you're not very cool imo, and are more or less pretty ****in lame
*cough* pot calling kettle black *cough*

(Well, it couldn't last forever) :p

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Right we are very close to having this thread locked...
The Academy managers are just as much as apart as full WCC managers, and anyone who thinks otherwise better open their eyes...

Settle it down or else....

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
AUST_HiTMaN said:
Stiff sh*t mate.

I've had a top bowler not bowl an over after the 1st game (where he took 3/33). But I manage to win games.

I'm thinking your just a little cranky cause you lost your 1 game lead over the comp in division 3 :) ;)
Plummer hasn't set the world alight this season (averaging near 50), but he's a good bowler and I can generally count on him being economical. Thus my problem was not really that he did not bowl as much as Godwin bowled 7 overs when he's far from a decent bowler.

All that said, Blewy has already explained to me that it's a glitch in the sim and I accept it for what it is. Still shattered. :)

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
All quiet on the Province Front...

It's almost like Western Province have gone to sleep. I either wanna start winning all my games or start losing them all. this win some lose some is too boring

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
DJellett said:
*cough* F*ck you c*nt
You need to buck your ideas up and rapidly if you want to remain a member of this community. Language like that isn't acceptable an a family forum.

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
It was a very poor comeback to a ridiculous post. The Academy managers are important and we shouldn't be slagging them off if we want to keep them interested.

DJellett

International Debutant
I agree, I am sorry.

As far as I know, the Academy is a part of WCC, and this is the WCC Herald.