• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Words That Came Back to Bite

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
Cricket players (past and present), commentators and supporters sometimes say words that they regret.

Perhaps the greatest example of this was Tony Greig's "We are going to make the West Indies grovel." It was a poor choice of words and it fired up Viv Richards and others to the extent that the England side was well and truly thrashed.

For the full story, read below.

https://indianexpress.com/article/s...t-slur-west-indies-england-1976-tour-6451079/

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
"Just hit him back over his head".

Jadeja shows up and picks up his wickets at 15 and scores his runs at 85 !

Not to mention the greatest throw running in from the outfield in this game's history.
and he took those wickets because no one just hit him back over his head like he always deserves.

Just gonna keep sitting down in this ample space up here in your melon, rent free as always.

Burgey

“All this proved beyond a shadow of doubt that these people still belonged to the jungles and forests, instead of a civilised country..
Their partisan attitude was even more evident when they did not applaud any shots we played. At one stage I even 'demanded' claps for a boundary shot off Daniel. All I got was laughter from the section, which certainly hadn't graduated from the trees where they belonged... “

Burgey

Lol why would I be salty about Sunny Gavaskar? He never did a thing of note against the side I follow apart from spit his dummy and try a walk off when he was given out.

Which tbf was very funny at the time