• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Why Is A Player From Your Country Rated Higher Than My Favourite Player From Mine?

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You could at least pretend not to be able to answer the question until post 75 or so in the thread...there goes another one of my threads under the 10 post mark :dry:

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
Because your Australian and you need to win against teams without choking issues go have better players than me.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Players from SoC's country have on occasion had batting averages of around 99, making them better than any other player ever unquestionably.

archie mac

International Coach
Perhaps because you see more of your own countries players more often than those from other countries. I have more access to books about Australian players and tours which took place here as well.

I think payed television will make a difference, I have been watching the Windies V India series and have really enjoyed it, so players like the big driving R Ashwin will be a player who will now follow

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Because your player's record in the subcontinent while battling diarrhoea and in an unstable marital situation is SIGNIFICANTLY WORSE over a time period of six months encapsulating three Tests.

My player would have had an 0.5 higher strike rate after first chance averages were factored in. That one time he did or didn't perform well in the farcical/relevant World XI game was included/excluded in my analysis.

Last edited:

nexxus

U19 Debutant
Err, I would think this is pretty darn obvious, because my favourite player is Jacques Kallis. Only the bestest all-roundiest player in the history of Kallisball, plus he's got a lustrous mane even the archangel Michael is quietly bitter over and your player, quite frankly, bears too startling a resemblance to vomit to be worth consideration.

QED

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
Because your player's record in the subcontinent while battling diarrhoea and in an unstable marital situation is SIGNIFICANTLY WORSE over a time period of six months encapsulating three Tests.

My player would have had an 0.5 higher strike rate after first chance averages were factored in. That one time he did or didn't perform well in the farcical/relevant World XI game was included/excluded in my analysis.
:lol:

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Because if the opposite was the case the implications would trigger a chain reaction of events that would lead to the apocalypse.