• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Why can't we all be friends?

Status
Not open for further replies.

indiaholic

International Captain
you've both been acting like terrible posters for ages tbh, and you're far from the only ones. it's annoying because behind all the bull**** you're both good value.

i'll include myself in that too. blocky is objectively a terrible human being but it's no excuse for my baiting of him. there's been plenty of threads from old members over the years bemoaning the state of the website but it's genuinely dire now tbh in more subtle ways than the spats of 2011 and benchmark/blocky'sfirstreign etc etc.

the absolutism and clickbait style posting during a period where no test side is safe from another is just yuck. the best team in the world thread is unreadable with half of you lot entrenching yourselves in corners you've declared clear winners. Bahnz and TJB are bang on in that thread.

then there's off topic..

on the bright side, youtube is full of awesome siberian husky videos

Agent TBY

International Captain
CC's always been full of children having playground arguments, anyway.

My dad's a doctor, and he's cooler than yours.
No, my dad's an astronaut, and he says doctors are **** in space.
Oh, yeah? Your dad's only in space because someone tossed him up there.

Unless you ****s sit down to watch cartoons or something, this **** ain't ever going away.

Shri

Mr. Glass
CC's always been full of children having playground arguments, anyway.

My dad's a doctor, and he's cooler than yours.
No, my dad's an astronaut, and he says doctors are **** in space.
Oh, yeah? Your dad's only in space because someone tossed him up there.

Unless you ****s sit down to watch cartoons or something, this **** ain't ever going away.
Cardoons*

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Reminder forum productivity and atmosphere has actually shot up with the decrease in Jono's presence lately.

Blocky

Banned
The amount of sensitivity in this place has always baffled me and lead me to believe that while there are many cricket fans, there aren't that many who actually played any cricket in these forums. The irony is when you get polarising personalities like Gnske or TJB or ***** creating massive long screeds of posting to request that someone be banned, yet complain when they finally piss the wrong moderator off on the wrong day and they get banned for the same sorts of activities they're no doubt reporting.

If moderators didn't react to such cliquey bull****, and also that this place took into account that Cricket has always been a sport that attracts the satirical, sarcastic, belligerent personalities, then this place would iron itself out quickly.

TL;DR, this place would ban the likes of Phil Tufnell, Fred Flintoff, Ian Botham, Merv Hughes from posting here because of their behavior.

Shri

Mr. Glass
The amount of sensitivity in this place has always baffled me and lead me to believe that while there are many cricket fans, there aren't that many who actually played any cricket in these forums. The irony is when you get polarising personalities like Gnske or TJB or ***** creating massive long screeds of posting to request that someone be banned, yet complain when they finally piss the wrong moderator off on the wrong day and they get banned for the same sorts of activities they're no doubt reporting.

If moderators didn't react to such cliquey bull****, and also that this place took into account that Cricket has always been a sport that attracts the satirical, sarcastic, belligerent personalities, then this place would iron itself out quickly.

TL;DR, this place would ban the likes of Phil Tufnell, Fred Flintoff, Ian Botham, Merv Hughes from posting here because of their behavior.
All I take away from that is you comparing yourself to a few international cricketers while calling the rest of us ball boys. And you react when others use your ego against you to kick you out masterfully. Good luck this time but I don't think its going to help.

Gnske

Hey W T F why are you mad at me, I've never even played cricket beyond socially, lay off it.

I've done nothing but support you since you came back.

harsh.ag

Once hit the perfect cover drive, so I'm pretty sure I can join Blocky on his high horse/tall donkey.

Furball

Evil Scotsman

Piss and find a forum that'll allow you to post how you want then.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year

That was a very roundabout way of saying 'It's just banter'.

Status
Not open for further replies.