• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who would be your top 10 greatest Asian cricketers?

smash84

The Tiger King
He's brought on a lot of this criticism and piss-taking himself TBF. Needs to get back into shape (round not allowed) and get his attitude right. Pissed me off how he was glowering in the dressing room in the last ODI after he got out. I think he was angry that Kohli's runner turned down a single earlier in the over.

I agree. Although not always a big fan of Yuvi he does have an attitude problem (pun intended :)..) that needs to be fixed. He is into the Sarwan category these days (in terms of weight of course).

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Imran
Tendulkar/Murali (can't really split them)

EDIT : Haven't given much thought to previous greats though, Kapil is also an interesting shout.

Last edited:

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Let me take a shot at creating an all time Asia XI.

Sunil Gavaskar
Virendra Sehwag
Vijay Hazare
Sachin Tendulkar
Javed Miandad
Kumar Sangakkara +
Imran Khan *
Vinoo Mankad
Wasim Akram
Waqar Younis
Muttiah Muralitharan

Chose Mankad instead of Kapil as the second all-rounder because there are already 3 other great fast bowlers. Makand's left arm spin will compliment Murali well.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year

Sunil Gavaskar
Virendra Sehwag
Vijay Hazare
Sachin Tendulkar
Javed Miandad
Kumar Sangakkara +
Imran Khan *
Vinoo Mankad
Wasim Akram
Waqar Younis
Muttiah Muralitharan

Chose Mankad instead of Kapil as the second all-rounder because there are already 3 other great fast bowlers. Makand's left arm spin will compliment Murali well.
Why not Mushtaq Mohammed?

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Saeed Anwar
Sanath Jayasuria
Sachin Tendulkar
Sourav Ganguly
Javed Miandad
Inzamam ul Haq
Kumar Sangakara
Imran Khan (c)
Waqar Younis
Wasim Akram
Abdul Kadir

smash84

The Tiger King

Sunil Gavaskar
Virendra Sehwag
Vijay Hazare
Sachin Tendulkar
Javed Miandad
Kumar Sangakkara +
Imran Khan *
Vinoo Mankad
Wasim Akram
Waqar Younis
Muttiah Muralitharan

A very good team but I am not sure Hazare belongs there.....Dravid seems like a better option.....Hanif???

lol wtf is that?

Gangully?????
Kadir? No Murli? Kumble?
Sehwag, Gawaskar?
Yeah.....What is that Faisal????