• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who wins the World Cup now?

veganbob

U19 Captain
Reckon the Black caps pull of the win in the final whoever it's against.
Best bowling and fielding line up in the tournament and decent batting is good enough to win it

Shady Slim

International Coach
I would normally feel quite cagey, and I know that in knockout matches form can disappear very suddenly. But I’ve really enjoyed watching England at this tournament and they’ve put in some great performances. Got a lot of confidence for a nice change.
oh howezers

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Pretty much Aus batting vs NZ bowling for the final
I imagine NZ batting v Australian bowling will become a contest for around half of it as well

Conway a big loss. I think we match up better against Australia; having said that, certainly don't feel comfortable that we've favourites or anything like that. I'm sure Australia feel the same

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I see Conway's moved on to ruining his own team's experience. What an absolute moron, certainly outdoes Mitchell Marsh.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I mean, that's a fairly decent effort to break a hand through a glove punching a high 2s pound bat.

Also, well done to NZC for having the integrity to be honest about how it happened. I know many organisations and many top brass who would have found another way to frame it up.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Australia don't lose often once they get on a roll like this. This might not be their strongest outfit but I'm sure that good ol' ****iness will see them through. NZ to disintegrate mentally.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
This injury is the pits.

Had thought when England fans were complaining about list of injuries that NZ were lucky squad depth hasn't been tested, because it's paddling pool level. We had one injury where we luckily had our only good piece of injury cover (Milne), but having to revert to Seifert after Conway is an immense step down.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Even though this is a cod ordinary Aus outfit, it's good to see nature finally healing and we are making finals even when several rungs below our best. Shades of the 2015 WC tbh, which was an average side but won the final. Expect the same result here tbh. It's the natural order of things, after a few years of the lesser nations having some time in the spotlight.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
The turning point was when ICC decided to call it a "world cup". That just meant Australia were gonna play well. When it was the WT20, they were getting beaten by all and sundry.

#Big3Conspiracy.