• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who wins the World Cup now?

loterry1994

International Debutant
Now we know Australia, New Zealand, Pakistan, England are in the semis who is you prediction to win it all now?

I still say England to get redemption from 2016 and win the World Cup (Even though I’m Aussie). But I think there will be at least one upset in the semis, Pakistan and England have looked the best so far but on the day of the other teams can get their openers out early you don’t know what could happen especially since their middle orders haven’t been tested much

Howe_zat

Audio File
I would normally feel quite cagey, and I know that in knockout matches form can disappear very suddenly. But I’ve really enjoyed watching England at this tournament and they’ve put in some great performances. Got a lot of confidence for a nice change.

smash84

The Tiger King
England seem the most assured side in this tournament, despite the recent loss to SA.

As a Pakistan fan, this run has been too good to be true. I just know that a bad day is around the corner when Pakistan are gonna Pakistan and lose it. It doesn't help that we're facing Aus who are almost always much tougher mentally.

So, England, Australia, Pakistan, NZ, in that order

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Of course, it will be Australia...and they'll revolutionize the sport after that. The BBL will not be garbage anymore :ph34r:

loterry1994

International Debutant
England seem the most assured side in this tournament, despite the recent loss to SA.

As a Pakistan fan, this run has been too good to be true. I just know that a bad day is around the corner when Pakistan are gonna Pakistan and lose it. It doesn't help that we're facing Aus who are almost always much tougher mentally.

So, England, Australia, Pakistan, NZ, in that order
Their biggest problem would be if another team gets Rizwan out early. Babar likes to go slowly during the power play and build on it and Fakar isn’t in much form

smash84

The Tiger King
Their biggest problem would be if another team gets Rizwan out early. Babar likes to go slowly during the power play and build on it and Fakar isn’t in much form
Yeah, not sure why they haven't tried Haider Ali yet since Fakhar has been useless all tournament. The same 11 has played all 5 games so far. To top it all, Hasan Ali has been the consistently weak performer in this side but he's been given an extended run too.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, not sure why they haven't tried Haider Ali yet since Fakhar has been useless all tournament. The same 11 has played all 5 games so far. To top it all, Hasan Ali has been the consistently weak performer in this side but he's been given an extended run too.
So Asif Ali is the best 'Ali' in this team.

smash84

The Tiger King
So Asif Ali is the best 'Ali' in this team.
On current form probably, but its important to note that this is uncharacteristic of Asif Ali. He's been a failure at the international level for last couple of years but has just been bossing it in the PSL. Fingers crossed that he's finally come good at the int'l level.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Think Australia might do it. Getting thrashed and needing to boost the runrate has freed them up. The big Mo. Openers in good nick again. Have the bowling to win games too. As long as Langer doesn't do something stupid with the side. ENg and Pak maybe peaked too soon.

ENgland NZ semifinal looks the weaker. England bowling still meh. No death bowling really barring Jordan. Keep on losing players too. Stokes, SCurran, Archer, Mills, Roy.
Not sure NZ have the quality at the backend of a tournament to win 2 in a row against the best teams in the tournament.

Then again it may be the team that wins 2 tosses.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
If none of the teams have a shocker and play close to their potential, the team winning the toss should boss the final, chasing.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
With England's injuries, Pakistan being overdue for a collapse, it's really open imo. I still think it'll be England.