• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who will win the Premier League?

Who will win the Premier League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tom Halsey

International Coach
If City draw against another team it would come down to GD, if they lose; then it is in our own hands.
Needing them to drop points against other teams for it to be in your hands is sort of the definition of it not being in your hands.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Needing them to drop points against other teams for it to be in your hands is sort of the definition of it not being in your hands.
LOL, yeh I didn't say it wasn't but saying "even if they won all their games it still isn't their hands" hides the fact that we're talking about 2 points here, and that it's only City not Chelsea that can stop us even in that event. You're betting it will happen too as you've got Chelsea favourites over City.

As an aside, looking at their schedule, I think City would come 3rd.

Last edited:

Tom Halsey

International Coach
LOL, yeh I didn't say it wasn't but saying "even if they won all their games it still isn't their hands" hides the fact that we're talking about 2 points here, and that it's only City not Chelsea that can stop us even in that event. You're betting it will happen too as you've got Chelsea favourites over City.

As an aside, looking at their schedule, I think City would come 3rd.
Yeah but City still having two points to play even if you beat both them and Chelsea is significant because whilst I reckon City will drop points I reckon Liverpool will do too. You needing them to drop two more points than you even if you beat both them and Chelsea (which itself is an unlikely, albeit possible, outcome) means they're more likely to win the league than you.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
I have pretty much assumed City will get the three points on Tuesday tbf. Can't see any possible way they don't win handsomely.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So who is going to finish 4th and see Man U win the Champions league and nick their place next season then?

Oh ok, not gonna happen.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah but City still having two points to play even if you beat both them and Chelsea is significant because whilst I reckon City will drop points I reckon Liverpool will do too. You needing them to drop two more points than you even if you beat both them and Chelsea (which itself is an unlikely, albeit possible, outcome) means they're more likely to win the league than you.
I guess we disagree. They're both (Chelsea, City) pretty ordinary away from home and we're incredible at home. They're good enough to do well at Anfield, but in terms of probability I wouldn't bet on it. If we're still in this position when those games come up Anfield will be absolutely rocking.

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I'm actually leaning towards Liverpool doing it. They've probably got the easiest run in of anyone and have it all in their hands seeing as they've still to play Chelsea and City at home.

Arsenal still aren't completely out of it but ****ting the bed yesterday doesn't help. I still think we're least likely of anyone to drop spastic points the way Chelsea did at Villa or Man City did at Cardiff but constantly getting battered by the teams around you doesn't help.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
I guess we disagree. They're both (Chelsea, City) pretty ordinary away from home and we're incredible at home. They're good enough to do well at Anfield, but in terms of probability I wouldn't bet on it. If we're still in this position when those games come up Anfield will be absolutely rocking.
It's just probability. Say Liverpool are evens to beat Chelsea and City in the respective games (in actuality they will be longer than that, but evens is easier), they're 3/1 to beat both. So really it's pretty unlikely.