• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who will win the Premier League?

Who will win the Premier League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

King Pietersen

International Captain
Everton aren't in great form either. If they were playing as well as they were around November time then maybe, but they've gone off the boil.
Not that badly off the boil really, although we're definitely not playing the same football we were early in the season. We definitely had a tough run, only winning 2 from 7, but we've won our last 3, so it's looking up. I don't think we've got a chance of finishing above Arsenal though, but I can definitely see us seriously challenging Spurs and United for 5th. Hopefully we'll get a good result tonight against Newcastle and move into 5th!

In regards to the title, it's going to be incredibly close. I'd like Chelsea to take it, but Liverpool are playing some irritatingly good football at the minute. Rodgers has put together a really good squad that's playing some excellent football, and for the first time in years they've actually got a chance. They've probably been the best team to watch in the league this season too, the Suarez-Sturridge partnership has been absolutely superb, so if they were to take the title, at least they'll have done it in style. I'd much rather they won it than Arsenal.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Liverpool win the Prem, Everton get 4th and we go down. We'll no doubt attract heaps of new fans from here

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Amazing really, I wonder what the percentage of Man U fans who want their most local rivals win over another team. Mind you I guess it's not unique, more Real fans would want atletico win La Liga than Barca. Still seems odd.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Amazing really, I wonder what the percentage of Man U fans who want their most local rivals win over another team. Mind you I guess it's not unique, more Real fans would want atletico win La Liga than Barca. Still seems odd.
Was the same round here in 95, Liverpool fans rejoiced when Everton beat United in the cup final

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'm devastated that I missed the chance to have a pop at the fact that City aren't local to most United fans. ****.

grecian

Was the same round here in 95, Liverpool fans rejoiced when Everton beat United in the cup final
Really that surprises me the Toffees had won the Leauge within a decade of that.

Paul Rideout though, what a genius he seemed when I saw him in the early eighties, and how mundane he became, but that goal probably made up a bit for his under-achievement.

grecian

I'm devastated that I missed the chance to have a pop at the fact that City aren't local to most United fans. ****.
Oh that's the type of thing you have a pop at United supporters for (knowing they'll rise to it) when there's little else to take the piss about, of course now it's not needed.:laugh:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Really that surprises me the Toffees had won the Leauge within a decade of that.

Paul Rideout though, what a genius he seemed when I saw him in the early eighties, and how mundane he became, but that goal probably made up a bit for his under-achievement.
It's not universal but most Liverpool fans hate United more than Everton and did even in the 80s when Everton were the far superior side

As for Rideout. Utterly toss for us other than the second half V Southampton which is obviously the greatest performance in FA Cup history. But for some reason he felt that it was okay to postpone his retirement after that so we suffered another year of him under his mate Watson. Mind you back then we were getting crowds that matched what Wolves take away to mK rather than just half of that so what****ingever

grecian

*goes into grandpa Simpson mode*

People probably find it hard to get nowadays the Schoolboy matches between Eng-Sco shown live on the TV were such a massive deal. Don't know what viewing figures they got but I'm betting it was much more than most Champions League games get nowadays, and Paul Rideout scored about 5 once in a 5-4 win once (maybe wrong but it's how I remember it), he was a superstar. I went to my first Exeter away game against Swindon soon after and I think he scored twice (maybe wrong but it's how I remember it), Tony Kellow grabbed a late equaliser though, WAFG. Yet I honestly with my callow yoof felt that Rideout would be greater than Pele. It never quite worked out despite in his early days at Bari them putting 5.5 mill valuation on him, that funnily enough no-one ever payed because it would have been the World-record transfer fee at the time (maybe wrong but it's how I remember it).

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I remember schoolboy games were shown quite a lot on Sky back in the mid/late 90s. Used to watch them fairly frequently. Dunno if they are even shown any more.

grecian

I remember schoolboy games were shown quite a lot on Sky back in the mid/late 90s. Used to watch them fairly frequently. Dunno if they are even shown any more.
I think they still are on Sky, but back then it was one of the three terrestrials, and you had so few live games on TV, Internationals (not all BTW) and the FACup final. Hence why that was such a massive event.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Well my bet that Liverpool will not win the league was the main motivation I have to say, but I suspect I would probably have quietly been supporting City anyway.

They're the definite lesser of two evils to begin with. Then consider that they were one of the most fancied sides anyway, have been for a few years and probably will be for a good few more years. So whilst City winning the league is obviously never good, it's something I was preparing to get used to anyway. Liverpool this season though have been the most unpleasant of surprises.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I considered supporting Citeh beforehand but when the game started I couldn't do it.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
My dad was in bits last week at rooting for United in the derby. I text him after it and he said he loved every minute of it anyway