• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who will win the Premier League?

Who will win the Premier League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
*goes into grandpa Simpson mode*

People probably find it hard to get nowadays the Schoolboy matches between Eng-Sco shown live on the TV were such a massive deal. Don't know what viewing figures they got but I'm betting it was much more than most Champions League games get nowadays, and Paul Rideout scored about 5 once in a 5-4 win once (maybe wrong but it's how I remember it), he was a superstar. I went to my first Exeter away game against Swindon soon after and I think he scored twice (maybe wrong but it's how I remember it), Tony Kellow grabbed a late equaliser though, WAFG.
Loving the reference to the great Tony Kellow in a thread about who's going to win the PL this year. WAFG indeed; 1981 and all that.

Back to the thread title though, I wonder whether we'll still have 3 teams in the running when we come to the last round of matches. I reckon the last time that happened was 1972..

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Loving the reference to the great Tony Kellow in a thread about who's going to win the PL this year. WAFG indeed; 1981 and all that.

Back to the thread title though, I wonder whether we'll still have 3 teams in the running when we come to the last round of matches. I reckon the last time that happened was 1972..
Kells was so good, probably been better if he wasn't a pisshead, but that could be said for a lot of us. The Leicester hat-trick will always be my enduring memory of watching football.

1986, coming into the last weekend, Liverpool, Everton and ahem West Ham could have won division one. All realistically too.

mullarkey

School Boy/Girl Captain
there was a crash on the M62 (near Warrington) last week, honest! A load of chickens were killed but many more ran away into the old American air base at Burtonwood. Apparently they were being transported from Anfield, where they had been counted by Liverpool pool fans for the last three weeks. Ha Ha Ha!