• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who should be England's third seamer?

Who should be England's third seamer?

• Total voters

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Unlikely to be much, so its a case of proving he's up to it in the ODIs I guess.

I reckon they'll stick with Broad though, for the first two Tests.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Kyle Hogg is the man - averaging 14 with the ball this season and a better bat than Broad as well

Jacknife

International Captain
Kyle Hogg is the man - averaging 14 with the ball this season and a better bat than Broad as well
Really? I know he's having a good season, this year but he's never really impressed, or stood out to me, I know he has suffered with injuries, over the years, so maybe after getting over that, he might be hitting his peak .
Broad averages more in Test match cricket and also first class cricket than Hogg does but tbh haven't seen that much of Hogg bat.
Maybe he could do with, getting into the Lions side, to see how he goes, in their next games.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Really? I know he's having a good season, this year but he's never really impressed, or stood out to me, I know he has suffered with injuries, over the years, so maybe after getting over that, he might be hitting his peak .
Broad averages more in Test match cricket and also first class cricket than Hogg does but tbh haven't seen that much of Hogg bat.
Maybe he could do with, getting into the Lions side, to see how he goes, in their next games.
He wasn't serious. :p

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
My possibly prospective son in law clearly knows me too well - I wasn't being serious, though am a little surprised Hogg hasn't had a mention if only for the 20/20 side - he's a decent bowler and has a good eye - hits the ball very hard and a bloody long way

Last edited:

FBU

International Debutant
My possibly prospective son in law clearly knows me too well - I wasn't being serious, though am a little surprised Hogg hasn't had a mention if only for the 20/20 side - he's a decent bowler and has a good eye - hits the ball very hard and a bloody long way

20/20 average 35.25 econ 8.95

I wouldn't mind seeing him batting higher up the order for Lancs

Jacknife

International Captain
I remember years ago, when he was coming through the ranks, he was being touted as a possible England bowler but sort of, fell by the way side, through one thing or another.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Venkatesh Prasad, apparently.
No, you've got it wrong. It's Irfan Pathan. At least he doesn't have a record of failure against India so he might turn good (unlike ALL other nations who aren't Bangladesh or Zimbabwe)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Bit harsh marc. It's not his fault that his only good form came against **** teams. Pure coincidence.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah,everybody averages 11 against Bangladesh except Broad who just misses out by averaging 4 times more. Poor fellow!!

How dare he be compared to similar or lesser averaging bowlers when he is just the next reincarnation of Malcolm Marshall masquerading as a Englishman/Woman?

PhoenixFire

International Coach
8-) @ Cevno

I'm not nearly as biased as GIMH (not saying much I know), but I really haven't come across many people here at all who rate Broad as highly as you claim, so just pipe down.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
The fact that people think a comparison to Irfan Pathan or Venkatesh Prasad based on what Broad has done so far in his career is laughable ,seems to suggest that they are overrrating him very highly for some reason in terms of his bowling.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Don't know why people are having a go at a decent bowler like Broad. He's only had 3 bad tests...1 bad series thats it!!

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
No one has had a go at him except maybe Bun.

But some people can't seem to come to accept the fact that he may be slightly behind or even equal to some Indian bowlers and not clearly better as they were claiming for a year or more now.
They are all in the same ball park.

Last edited: