• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who Is Martin Crowe ?

The Reason Behind Martin Crow's Accusation of Murali !

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Murali was suspended - in terms of being prohibited from bowling the doosra whilst undergoing testing/remedial action.

Lostman

State Captain
Fiery said:
To be honest, I had had a skinful at the time and it would have been water off a duck's back any other time. In any case, do you go around calling people "wankers" when you speak to them in person or are you only brave enough to do it over the internet?
nah im just like you, im only brave enough to slander someone's life and career over a message board and not in front of them.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
JASON said:
This is like saying because Shane Warne tested positive once, we should subject the guy to blood and Urine Tests after every test and every day of every Test.

Every time he p****es we want it tested !! :laugh:

BTW I have seen dwarves play basketball - strangely they only play among themselves !!:laugh:
Actually...it's nothing like that at all.

Krishna_j

U19 12th Man
Francis said:
The bottom line is while Murali has been tested, it's not beyond the realms of comprehension that he should bowl a few balls beyond the allowed degree. And I think that's what Martin Crowe is talking about. I personally don't have an opinion here because I have a different idea on what constitutes a legal delivery.

."
IMO that the only solution to the Murali issue is for Murali to start bowling with his left hand instead - which is presumably straight and not bent - if he is as good then let him show us the doosra with the other hand :laugh:

legglancer12

School Boy/Girl Captain
Francis said:
It really bugs me how whenever an Asain cricketer is called into question, be is Akram for ball tampering or Murali for a questionable action, people say it's racially motivated. I understand racism is a horrible problem in the world, but calling somebody a racist can be just as offensive and should only be done under the highest standard of proof. How come nobody called "racism" when Johan Botha was called for chucking when his doosera came into question? And if I recall, he got suspended while Murali didn't. And if I recall again, the ICC changed the rules when Murali was bowling to allow no more than 15 degree bend or something to that effect. Jaques Kallis said it best when he said something like, "why should the rules change for Murali and not for Botha."

The bottom line is while Murali has been tested, it's not beyond the realms of comprehension that he should bowl a few balls beyond the allowed degree. And I think that's what Martin Crowe is talking about. I personally don't have an opinion here because I have a different idea on what constitutes a legal delivery.

But what I'm trying to say is the word "racism" is used far to much in cricket. There are people, with no proof, who spread this idea that Murali has been called so many times so white Australians can ensure Warne kept the all-time wicket record. And they make these claims WITH NO PROOF!

Warne gets suspended for a year while Shoaib gets off...

Botha is out of the game for a while while Murali bowls...

Are these unfair circumstances? I don't know... but my point is I could easily call bias towards Asains... only I wouldn't dare since there's no proof.

I just wish people would think before they call someone else a "racist."

I think you are suffering from a decease called "selective memory syndrome"8-)

legglancer12

School Boy/Girl Captain
Fiery said:
I think it should come back to common sense really. If a bowler's action looks dodgy to a large number of people and they question it, the player should be handed a suspension for as long as it takes for them to rectify it in the nets. Some players may not be able to do this. It's unfortunate for them if they have a physical abnormality, but tough luck, how many dwarves do you see in the NBA? It's not a race thing, or a personal attack on Murali himself, who seems like a hell of a nice bloke off and on the field. There are plenty of other bowlers who I find myself cringing when I watch. SL's Perera, the most recent. Kyle Mills (notice he is a fellow kiwi), Brett Lee, Akhtar mainly are the ones who spring to mind.
what part of "optical Illusion" dont you understand ? Just because someone's action LOOKS smooth it does not mean that he does NOT flex ...... 8-)

legglancer12

School Boy/Girl Captain
Goughy said:
Sorry what is that? All it is is Akram speaking. Again the issue has always been ball tampering (which Pakistan were accused of in '92) rather than reverse swing itself.
Well Akram was in the thick of the "reverse swing" scandal so he is eminently more qualified than you or me to address the issue. Which high horse are you getting off when you think you can dismiss him whithout any reasoning ?

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
legglancer12 said:
Well Akram was in the thick of the "reverse swing" scandal so he is eminently more qualified than you or me to address the issue. Which high horse are you getting off when you think you can dismiss him whithout any reasoning ?
Because the thick of it you are talking about is as the accused. I dont have to beleive someone I think has a history of being dishonest do I? He is not a man who opinions I necessarily respect.

legglancer12

School Boy/Girl Captain
Goughy said:
Because the thick of it you are talking about is as the accused. I dont have to beleive someone I think has a history of being dishonest do I? He is not a man who opinions I necessarily respect.
Maybe for you and other like minded .... but their are some of us who actually have enormous respect for the man. Of course he was not perfect in all his dealings. But unlike some idiots belive I dont think he was successful because he was cheating. Rather that he was a brilliant exponant of the art of bowling.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Krishna_j said:
IMO that the only solution to the Murali issue is for Murali to start bowling with his left hand instead - which is presumably straight and not bent - if he is as good then let him show us the doosra with the other hand :laugh:
Lostman said:
both arms are bent

May be Murali should now start bowling with his legs !!:laugh: :laugh:
(which are hopefully not bent at the knees):laugh:

James

Cricket Web Owner
JASON said:
This is like saying because Shane Warne tested positive once, we should subject the guy to blood and Urine Tests after every test and every day of every Test.

Every time he p****es we want it tested !! :laugh:

BTW I have seen dwarves play basketball - strangely they only play among themselves !!:laugh:
You know the rules and shouldn't have to be told.

JF.

School Boy/Girl Captain
JASON said:
This like playing an Old record over and over again. Go and read about the various tests he has had and then come and discuss it. We are bored to death having to go over this same old issue over and over again. in 1995 he was cleared - after not 1 but 2 different analysis/Tests . There was nothing wrong with his elbow - he cannot extend it fully -was the conclusion .

Now don't come back with the same question again ...:laugh:
Seems you have failed to grasp my point. There were no rules about degree of flexion in those days. That came later and was a direct result of the SL cricket board threatening to sue the ICC on the grounds of racism. I'm going back to the original incident and asking why SL couldn't just accept the umpire's decision - back then? Because if they had, we wouldn't have all this crap now.

I'm a regular at another forum and believe me, we have been over this a squillion times too. But my point stands. Why were the rules changed on account of ONE man?

JF.

School Boy/Girl Captain
Francis said:
It really bugs me how whenever an Asain cricketer is called into question, be is Akram for ball tampering or Murali for a questionable action, people say it's racially motivated. I understand racism is a horrible problem in the world, but calling somebody a racist can be just as offensive and should only be done under the highest standard of proof. How come nobody called "racism" when Johan Botha was called for chucking when his doosera came into question? And if I recall, he got suspended while Murali didn't. And if I recall again, the ICC changed the rules when Murali was bowling to allow no more than 15 degree bend or something to that effect. Jaques Kallis said it best when he said something like, "why should the rules change for Murali and not for Botha."

But what I'm trying to say is the word "racism" is used far to much in cricket. There are people, with no proof, who spread this idea that Murali has been called so many times so white Australians can ensure Warne kept the all-time wicket record. And they make these claims WITH NO PROOF!

Warne gets suspended for a year while Shoaib gets off...

Botha is out of the game for a while while Murali bowls...

Are these unfair circumstances? I don't know... but my point is I could easily call bias towards Asains... only I wouldn't dare since there's no proof.

I just wish people would think before they call someone else a "racist."
BRILLIANT POST!!!! Hear hear!

Lostman

State Captain
JF. said:
Seems you have failed to grasp my point. There were no rules about degree of flexion in those days. That came later and was a direct result of the SL cricket board threatening to sue the ICC on the grounds of racism. I'm going back to the original incident and asking why SL couldn't just accept the umpire's decision - back then? Because if they had, we wouldn't have all this crap now.

I'm a regular at another forum and believe me, we have been over this a squillion times too. But my point stands. Why were the rules changed on account of ONE man?
How do you manage to make this stuff up? very creative

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Lostman said:
How do you manage to make this stuff up? very creative
No point wasting energy over some of these dumb posts, tbh .:laugh:

If I were you I would just leave it because, the inability of some (posters- you know who) to grasp simple things or to to fabricate stuff is beyond belief . :laugh: