• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who Is Martin Crowe ?

The Reason Behind Martin Crow's Accusation of Murali !

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
silentstriker said:
No, because I can see the elbow bending even with my naked eye on the TV screen when Bhajji bowls the doosra. The accusations of cheating in the 90's were assumed...you can see the bend. Unless you've convinced yourself otherwise, and refuse to see it.
And the same applies for Sreesanth's stock delivery IMO...

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
nightprowler10 said:
Have you seen Botha bowl his doosra?
Yeah, he chucks it. I never said he didn't.

But Murali chucks it as well. So does Harbhajan. Botha has based his bowling and his variation on these bowlers and he's been chucked out of the game simply because he is slightly more extreme than them in the way he goes about it.

JF.

School Boy/Girl Captain
What I want to know is why Murali [and his country] wouldn't just accept that he was called for throwing on Boxing Day in 1995 and go away and modify his action. Back then the rule was that it was up the umpire to call it. It was good enough for everyone else until then - now we have all this crap. And it will rage forevermore thanks to Murali.

Oh, and to the person who said no one cares anymore - well obviously we do, or this thread wouldn't exist!

JF.

School Boy/Girl Captain
Lostman said:
there was nothing wrong with muralis action in 1995.
As I understand it, the majority of umpires world wide believed there was but none were game to call him - until Hair.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
JF. said:
As I understand it, the majority of umpires world wide believed there was but none were game to call him - until Hair.
This like playing an Old record over and over again. Go and read about the various tests he has had and then come and discuss it. We are bored to death having to go over this same old issue over and over again. in 1995 he was cleared - after not 1 but 2 different analysis/Tests . There was nothing wrong with his elbow - he cannot extend it fully -was the conclusion .

Now don't come back with the same question again ...:laugh:

Lostman

State Captain
thats a load of BS, Hair first of all acted out of place, Umpires were supposed to report suspect actions to the ICC even back in 1995. Hair took an all mighty approach (seems to be his method of operation) and no balled him on boxing day.

Lostman

State Captain
Fiery said:
Are you admitting there is now?
no, im admiting that there is a visible flex in his doosra now (but not his off break). A straighteneing of the arm becomes visible at 15 degrees, but muralis arm is permanently bent. I cant remember at what angle, but what happens is, when he flexes his elbow by even 5 degrees coupled with already bent arm it looks a lot more.

Lostman

State Captain
well nobody really cares about what you or crowe keeps bitching about, keep whining and convince yourself that the earth is flat. Ignorance is bliss 8-)

Fiery

Banned
Lostman said:
well nobody really cares about what you or crowe keeps bitching about, keep whining and convince yourself that the earth is flat. Ignorance is bliss 8-)
Yep, it seems nobody cares about this issue at all...obviously.
(I'm surprised you didn't call me a wanker again actually Lostman. Appreciate that and the apology afterwards which must have got Lostman)

Last edited: