• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who do Neutrals want to win?

Who do neutrals want to win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Most people listen to ABC commentary while watching CH9.
I hear this all the time, and honestly it would be the stuff of dreams for me.........but it just doesn't work!!! How do "most" people do this?? The lag makes it unviable, unless you like to hear about a wicket before you see it.

Seriously, if there is a way to sinc the 9 broadcast with ABC's commentary then let me know because its been a complete fail when ever I've tried it

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
no offence but at least aussie commentators get excited for other teams doing well, see - Bill Lawry.

the NZ commentators are the most bias commentators on planet earth, in cricket and rugby league
The Saffies team is easily the worst.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
the NZ commentators are the most bias commentators on planet earth, in cricket and rugby league
Rubbish. We had Russel Arnold in the commentary box the summer just gone and everyone was really nice to him. Plus, I guess it's worth highlighting that we had an overseas commentator who was allowed to make positive comments about their team and not get flayed for making negative comments about the home team.

Plus, Russel Arnold. What a legend!

TNT

Banned
I hear this all the time, and honestly it would be the stuff of dreams for me.........but it just doesn't work!!! How do "most" people do this?? The lag makes it unviable, unless you like to hear about a wicket before you see it.

Seriously, if there is a way to sinc the 9 broadcast with ABC's commentary then let me know because its been a complete fail when ever I've tried it
You listen to the radio and if something happens worth watching you look at the TV, its like a shyte filter.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

I have a digital radio that lets me manually synch it to the TV. I usually cbf though.

Howe_zat

Audio File
NZ cricket coverage is generally top notch I find. Think they have dumped all of their partisan guff into Union commentary.

Howe_zat

Audio File
NZ cricket coverage is generally top notch I find. Think they have dumped all of their partisan guff into Union commentary.
The exception is possibly Danny Morrison, but even he doesn't come across as biased - he is unreasonably excited about everything equally

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Really interesting reading through the match thread and seeing some of the most anti-England posts coming from neutrals. (Can't think of anyone who's hugely anti-Aus but that's probably there too.)

Anyway, on with the point, clearly we have some posters who are so passionately against certain teams or players that they pop up just to root against them, regardless of who they're playing. How many of you can actually relate to that? It's quite foreign to me, as watching something in the hope certain people/teams fail seems kinda odd. If I'm a neutral I watch sport to see good performances generally - why would I watch something I have no vested interest in if I'm hoping it's poor?

So where does that come from? Is it schadenfreude? Bitterness over past results? A desire to watch the world burn?
Some people have just never gotten over India's 4-0 defeat in 2011.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
never get why English fans point to that series when you beat India in India in 2012.,,

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Yeah and Australia also whitewashed India in 11/12. I guess it got a bit heated on CW around the 2011 series, so there could be bitterness about that, but I'm not sure if that's really the case.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
most of the Indian posters around then who got into the **** fights with Furball and GIMP not really around anymore I'd have thought.

Anyway, England have an unbelievable amount of ugly players right now. Lyth, Ballance, Stokes. Brutal.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
never get why English fans point to that series when you beat India in India in 2012.,,
Because 2011 was the ultimate humiliation.You came into that series on the back of a good draw in South Africa, winning the World Cup, being ranked number 1 in the world, with Tendulkar fated to score his 100th at Lord's against a team that a lot of Indian fans expected to beat, and got absolutely pummelled. I know it would annoy me if India had won given how I carried on pre and during series.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Buuuuut Australia winning and then us beating Australia is better for NZ and the current teams legacy.
Nah, I like being able to say that NZ is better than both teams away from home. So England winning would be fine with me.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!

There's are some online modulators out there that allow you to delay radio feeds through them. Here's one option using VCL;

How To Sync Radio Cricket Commentary With TV Broadcasts | Lifehacker Australia

TNT

Banned
Nah, I like being able to say that NZ is better than both teams away from home. So England winning would be fine with me.
Australia have won their last series in West Indies, South Africa, Sri Lanka and New Zealand.

New Zealand have won their last series in West Indies and Zimbabwe.

Not saying you are getting ahead of yourself but...........................

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Australia have won their last series in West Indies, South Africa, Sri Lanka and New Zealand.
New Zealand have won their last series in West Indies and Zimbabwe.
Not saying you are getting ahead of yourself but...........................
I like to ignore lost series too. Drawn series in UAE, England and Australia Sri Lanka are fairly indicative of how well a team travels across a range of conditions. It's also nice to go back to 2009 for a Test series win but sometimes we have to realise that 6 years is a wee bit too far when the team is almost entirely different...
Looking at Australia's recent away record (something like 12 losses from 17 matches, not pretty), they're simply not a team that adjusts well to foreign conditions. I don't think that's disputed. It's not close, frankly.

Not that I particularly care because it's a little petty to draw esteem from other teams' failures rather than one's own success. It's just something that I think the NZ team is justifiably proud of; they've been very good at adjusting to foreign conditions for a number of seasons now.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the series against Australia.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Because 2011 was the ultimate humiliation.You came into that series on the back of a good draw in South Africa, winning the World Cup, being ranked number 1 in the world, with Tendulkar fated to score his 100th at Lord's against a team that a lot of Indian fans expected to beat, and got absolutely pummelled. I know it would annoy me if India had won given how I carried on pre and during series.
yeah but that win is void cos fatty Zaheer and even fatter Sehwag dgaf about that series.

TNT

Banned
I like to ignore lost series too. It's also nice to go back to 2009 for a Test series win but sometimes we have to realise that 6 years is a wee bit too far when the team is almost entirely different...
Take a look at the recent results in the UAE and England...or just look at Australia's recent away record (something like 12 losses from 17 matches, not pretty). It's not close, frankly.

Particularly if Australia lose this series.

Just would feel more comfortable if NZ actually achieved something instead of relying on others not achieving.