• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which team will win the series in India?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If the Aussie team can beat the India team with an attack of Bumrah-Shami/Umesh/Siraj-Ash-Jaddu-Axar at home , then this Aussie team will be truly special and ATG in making, now that they ve beaten Pakistan as well at home and most probably will beat Srilanka as well.

But to my mind, they have very little chance to do it. Without Purane and with Iyer, the batting is also looking better now.
I don't think the Aus batting is good enough to bet India in India. Khawaja is a terrific slow wicket player but it's pretty apparent Warner is on the slide, and he wasn't that great away from home to begin with. Marnus was a bit of a mixed bag in Pakistan tstl and hasn't played in India before, same with Green and Carey. Head looked well out of sorts as well and TPC isn't batting as well as he was pre-2019.

I can see them being competitive with the ball, especially given Lyon comfortably out-bowled Ashwin the last series Aus toured India, but the second spinner options for Aus are pretty bad. Not sure Swepson is up to it at all, and Agar definitely isn't imho. Still, Cummins and Starc proved their worth on flat decks in the tour just gone.

Think India wins it pretty comfortably but Aus might jag a test.

Obviously Aus will smash SL. Always embarrassing losing to them, home or away. And this side at least seems to have a bit of pride in themselves which will hopefully avoid that sort of embarrassment this time around.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
I don't think the Aus batting is good enough to bet India in India. Khawaja is a terrific slow wicket player but it's pretty apparent Warner is on the slide, and he wasn't that great away from home to begin with. Marnus was a bit of a mixed bag in Pakistan tstl and hasn't played in India before, same with Green and Carey. Head looked well out of sorts as well and TPC isn't batting as well as he was pre-2019.

I can see them being competitive with the ball, especially given Lyon comfortably out-bowled Ashwin the last series Aus toured India, but the second spinner options for Aus are pretty bad. Not sure Swepson is up to it at all, and Agar definitely isn't imho. Still, Cummins and Starc proved their worth on flat decks in the tour just gone.

Think India wins it pretty comfortably but Aus might jag a test.

Obviously Aus will smash SL. Always embarrassing losing to them, home or away. And this side at least seems to have a bit of pride in themselves which will hopefully avoid that sort of embarrassment this time around.
How much longer will Warner be playing for? I presume he'll play in India then the Ashes and maybe another summer after that before calling it quits - He'll be 37 by then though

Chrish

International Debutant
Hopefully our curators will remain patriotic as ever under Dravid. Shastri truly knew how to get the best out of them, especially after we were smoked in the first games against Australia and England.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
India's batting is still dodgy enough that an Australian win is a realistic possibility . It was incredible they almost won in 2017 when they looked outmatched on paper. I'll be surprised if this isn't at the very least incredibly competitive. Let's not forget even England pushed India quite hard last year, before Pant went mad a 2-2 draw looked very possible. This India team is significantly weaker than it was in 2017.
Not sure I agree with this.
This was india's lineup at Bangalore in 2017 v India line up now (in parantheses)
mukund (Rohit) 0-1
rahul (Rahul) 0.5-0.5
pujara (Vihari) 1-0
kohli (Kohli) 1-0
rahane (Iyer) 0-1
nair (Axar) 0.5 - 0.5
saha (Pant) 0-1
ashwin (Ashwin) 1-0
jadeja (Jadeja) 0.5-0.5
yadav (Shami) 0-1
ishant (Bumrah) 0-1

India look stronger to me now. Particularly as they have replaced deadwood in Rahane and are playing five bowlers.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Also, it would be a bigger achievement than 2004 if Australia won this.
The 2004 Aussie side was very experienced - 4 of their top 7 had played in India before (Hayden, LAnger, Gilchrist and Lehmann). Martyn hadnt played in India but was highly experienced and had played elsewhere on the subcontinent.

Only Smith and Warner in this Aussie group have played in India before and Warner is on the decline.
Australia's bowling is highly experienced and has played in India before (Lyon, Cummins, Starc and Hazlewood all have experience).
But the lack of experience in the batting may prove decisive.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Actually think India look a better team now than they di in South Africa. Quite obvious that Pujara and Rahane were dragging the team down. While I still am not convinced about Iyer's ability in the SENA countries I think he'll do fine at home whereas Rahane was practically a gift wicket to the opposition.

Chrish

International Debutant
There are always positives and negatives in hindsight. Yeah I would like to believe we are a better team now but who the hell knows? Both Rahane and especially Pujara played a vital role in last Australian series win. Rahane played like a dream in 2nd test and Puji nullified the pace attack.

It’s easy to say they were dragging the team in South Africa looking from hindsight while ignoring the fact that they played a crucial role in historic series win not too long ago.

Xix2565

International Debutant
There are always positives and negatives in hindsight. Yeah I would like to believe we are a better team now but who the hell knows? Both Rahane and especially Pujara played a vital role in last Australian series win. Rahane played like a dream in 2nd test and Puji nullified the pace attack.

It’s easy to say they were dragging the team in South Africa looking from hindsight while ignoring the fact that they played a crucial role in historic series win not too long ago.
Right but in India we've seen other players play better. Is that not more important when it comes to deciding what the best side is?