• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which team will win the series in India?

Victor Ian

International Coach
Hopefully Australia does a boot camp before India on similar pitches, like they did last time. Somewhere where all the players get used to Indian style pitches. They also need to ensure they reschedule that Afghanistan test to be before the India series. If they don't, and head there fresh from Australian decks, they are ****ed.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah the Afghanistan test is not yet confirmed. I highly doubt it will happen this year. Will be great if it does. Will be a better battle than we think.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
If the Aussie team can beat the India team with an attack of Bumrah-Shami/Umesh/Siraj-Ash-Jaddu-Axar at home , then this Aussie team will be truly special and ATG in making, now that they ve beaten Pakistan as well at home and most probably will beat Srilanka as well.

But to my mind, they have very little chance to do it. Without Purane and with Iyer, the batting is also looking better now.

Chrish

International Debutant
I truly love current era. Batting has been mediocre but bowling of majority of teams is top notch. First three ranked sides are very close in terms of quality with others also not lagging too behind. This results in competitive series rather than previous two era where one major team dominated the rest.

I prefer current state of cricket more so than any other from past.

Gob

International Coach
If the Aussie team can beat the India team with an attack of Bumrah-Shami/Umesh/Siraj-Ash-Jaddu-Axar at home , then this Aussie team will be truly special and ATG in making, now that they ve beaten Pakistan as well at home and most probably will beat Srilanka as well.

But to my mind, they have very little chance to do it. Without Purane and with Iyer, the batting is also looking better now.
There is a reasonably good chance of Australia coming in to the Border Gavaskar series with five straight series wins. Build up could be pretty amazing. I do get a bit of 04 vibe.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!

India's batting is still dodgy enough that an Australian win is a realistic possibility . It was incredible they almost won in 2017 when they looked outmatched on paper. I'll be surprised if this isn't at the very least incredibly competitive. Let's not forget even England pushed India quite hard last year, before Pant went mad a 2-2 draw looked very possible. This India team is significantly weaker than it was in 2017.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
India's batting is still dodgy enough that an Australian win is a realistic possibility . It was incredible they almost won in 2017 when they looked outmatched on paper. I'll be surprised if this isn't at the very least incredibly competitive. Let's not forget even England pushed India quite hard last year, before Pant went mad a 2-2 draw looked very possible. This India team is significantly weaker than it was in 2017.
Yeah agreed that the batting is still dodgy though better than before. Kohli has to get back to form else it will be a free wicket donated to Cummins every innings.

_00_deathscar

International Regular
Yeah agreed that the batting is still dodgy though better than before. Kohli has to get back to form else it will be a free wicket donated to Cummins every innings.
Not having Mayank open should help too. Hopefully KL is still in good/decent form for tests when that series comes around - don't want to be 25/2 every other innings.

Kohli will be a huge factor one way or another.

Having said that, we should be able to seriously constrict their batting - Pakistan were a bit wayward at times, and the pitches were also conducive to huge scores.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Not having Mayank open should help too. Hopefully KL is still in good/decent form for tests when that series comes around - don't want to be 25/2 every other innings.

Kohli will be a huge factor one way or another.

Having said that, we should be able to seriously constrict their batting - Pakistan were a bit wayward at times, and the pitches were also conducive to huge scores.
Yeah KL will be back. Rahul-Rohit is a solid combo at the top at home. Really depends on how our 3-4 of Vihari-Kohli do. Having high confidence on the rest 9 players who all pick themselves.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Our bowling is actually better than in 2017 though.