• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which Football (Soccer) team do you support?

Craig

World Traveller
Barcelona. Gun team tbh, even though we are ****y atm.
Save your money and get to go to the Nou Camp, it's worth every penny. I was there to see a friendly against Inter at the start of the season and there was 98459 people there. I felt then I knew I was living life to the fullest being there (even if Barca won 5-0). One bit of advice, learn Catalan, you will understand what is being said before the game. The stadium tour is ok for photos and then that, but it is too cheesey and touristy.

FC Internazionale Milano for me, but of course if I had a local team it would be the Queensland Roar. Special affection towards Chris Greenace and the Latvian national team.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
In reality probably noone anymore. Was a passionate (read devoted) Liverpool fan in my youth but the game bores me now and increasingly the people that play it and follow it annoy me.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
DWTA, I was just as passionate for the whites when I spent a season going alone due to my footy mates moving away to Uni

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
FFS, I always forget how he loves to change his name. One minute it's Ronnie, the next it's Ronny.

Almost Bangladeshi-esque.
I've absolutely never seen it written Ronnie. Must be English newspapers who can't imagine someone spelling it differently from the standard.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It was always Ronnie in his earlier days in everything I ever saw written anywhere, then it suddenly changed to Ronny later on. That might have been people cottoning-on or him noticing that everyone was doing things wrong and 'avin a quiet word, but he was definately Ronnie under all circumstances for absolutely ages.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Save your money and get to go to the Nou Camp, it's worth every penny. I was there to see a friendly against Inter at the start of the season and there was 98459 people there. I felt then I knew I was living life to the fullest being there (even if Barca won 5-0). One bit of advice, learn Catalan, you will understand what is being said before the game. The stadium tour is ok for photos and then that, but it is too cheesey and touristy.
:) I really want to and I am sure I will in time. It must be an amazing experience. After watching so many games at Eden Gardens, if I have watched a game at the Nou Camp, I will have really watched games at the two ultimate theatres in sports IMO. Thanks for all the info - I will even take the stadium tour for sure even if it is touristy. It truly is a special feeling following Barca - it has been just a few years but the more you get into it, the better it becomes.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
There's a Welsh FA cup now?
Has been for a long-time.

need to edit my honours list actually, as we were also runners-up of this fine competition back in 1935. We'd probably still enter and win it regularly if UEFA hadn't gone and blocked us from participating, those bastards

Tranmere Rovers. Welsh Cup Winners 1935, Third Division North Winners 1938, Associate Members Cup Winners 1990, runners-up 1991, League Cup runners-up 2000

Shove your 27 titles across the water, you bastards

cpr

International Coach
Funnily enough my old man was a Man Utd fan. Imagine his bosom must've swelled with pride when I grew up to be a Gooner.

His fault for not indoctrinating me at an early age.
Haha, If i have a kid who doesnt support united, then i might agree with sirdj's take on honour killing

Woeful as the game was, I've never jumped off my seat or screamed at the TV in my life apart from two moments within a couple of minutes of each other - involving Sheringham and Solskjær in stoppage-time in May 1999.
Remember leaping around like a ****in lunatic when Ole scored, utter fantastic, hope i'm doing it again tonight

My oldest Man U jersey is the 99 away strip (in case you forget it's the one Ryan Giggs ripped off after his goal in extra time in the FA Cup semi against Arsenal) which I happen to be wearing right now.
First one i got was that awful blue one we wore when we won the League Cup (Rumbelows cup back in t'day) back in 92, had the home kit aswell, sure theres some embarrasing pic of me as a 9 year old fully kitted. Also had that other awful blue one we had in around 94, sorta navy with the badge in black faded into it.

So yeah, you probably know i'm a pretty big Manchester United fan. Am allowed to, as using top level scientific methods (namely Google Earth measuring tool) I was born and still live 3 miles from the Ground.

First time i went to OT would've been United v Everton.... reserves. 90/91 season, when we still had reserve games at OT, sat in what now is the beast we call the north stand. Lost 3-2, 2 goals from Mark Robins (who's career fell to pot when he discovered CW ;) ), was so happy because Bryan Robson was playing on his way back from (another) injury.... Apparently when my dad walked into the pub that night, told his mates he'd just seen the greatest youngster to play for the club since Best, and he'll be playing for the first team within weeks..... that'd be a certain Ryan Giggs.

I'm lucky in that bar the first 3-4 years, United have been successfull throughout my time following them.

Because everyone has a second club, mines the mighty FC Trafford, because the grounds a whole 200 yards away, and i used to play junior football for them (likewise always watch out for Altrincham's results, having spent a bit of time with them whilst at school). Best moment watching Trafford was against our fierce North West Counties League (when we were in there, Unibond here we come, again) rivals Clitheroe, and bombarding their keeper with abuse/bog roll throughout the match. I'm sure he recovered, seems he's gone on to play in the Premiership (Carlo Nash)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
First time i went to OT would've been United v Everton.... reserves. 90/91 season, when we still had reserve games at OT, sat in what now is the beast we call the north stand. Lost 3-2, 2 goals from Mark Robins (who's career fell to pot when he discovered CW ;) )
Haha, forgot about our favourite CW marksman's near-namesake being the former Old Trafford and later Carrow Road (only heard of him for the first time in 1994/95 so didn't realise immediately he'd been with us previously) marksman.

He'd (Robbins rather than Robins) have been a little 11-year-old at that time, mind.