• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which Football (Soccer) team do you support?

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
Manchester United fan since 97. Been to Old Trafford once, Man U v Chelsea 2000. United won 3-2 (York with 2) that day and it was the return of Ronnie Johnsen from injury. Roy Keane sadly went off at half-time injured. One of the best days of my life so far and intend on returning there next season.
My oldest Man U jersey is the 99 away strip (in case you forget it's the one Ryan Giggs ripped off after his goal in extra time in the FA Cup semi against Arsenal) which I happen to be wearing right now.
Favourite moment of course the 99 CL Final. Never felt anything like it since.
Favourite players of the past (who have played while I have suported them): Roy Keane, Andy Cole, Peter Schmeichel
Favourite Current Players: Vidic, Giggs, Scholes, Rooney, Teves

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Manchester United fan
Man U
Ronnie Johnston
:sick:
Shocking, young Stephen.

Oh yeah - my first Man Utd replica-strip was the 1993/94 goalkeeper top. Still have it, with the "1 Dickinson" thing a little faded but still legible. Shame it's 5 sizes or so too small these days.

Favourite XI was this:
Peter Schmeichel, Gary Neville, Denis Irwin, Jaap Stam, Ronny Johnsen, David Beckham, Ryan Giggs, Roy Keane, Nicky Butt, Teddy Sheringham, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
with this:
Schmeichel, Paul Parker, Irwin, Steve Bruce, Gary Pallister, Andrei Kanchelskis, Giggs, Keane, Paul Ince, Eric Cantona, Brian McClair.
close second.

Favourite all-time players are Schmeichel (by a distance), McClair, Cantona and Giggs.

Last edited:

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
- United since 99, entire family does, ground isn't too far from home either.
- England national team
- Macclesfield Town, one of good friends play for them so i follow the club to a level

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
PSV Eindhoven are my team, everyone has to have an EPL side so I guess mine is Blackburn, dont really care how they go though.
Haven't picked an A League side to follow yet, I'm waiting for Canberra to get a side, will be waiting a while. Tend to support whoever is playing the Roar, just dont like them.

pinchy81

International Vice-Captain
PSV Eindhoven are my team, everyone has to have an EPL side so I guess mine is Blackburn, dont really care how they go though.
Haven't picked an A League side to follow yet, I'm waiting for Canberra to get a side, will be waiting a while. Tend to support whoever is playing the Roar, just dont like them.
Good man

biased indian

International Coach
Barcelona......

EPL....i hate Man u and Arsenal...support the other 16 teams chelase and liverpool among them the most since they compete with the other two most

biased indian

International Coach
yaa hoping for a better season next time around

And all the teams want our players as well....messi,eto all rumored to have been offered big money !!!! :(

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Honours:

Domestic-
Premier League: 1993, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2003, 2007, 2008

Division One: 1908, 1911, 1952, 1956, 1957, 1965, 1967

Division Two: 1936, 1975

FA Challenge Cup: 1909, 1948, 1963, 1977, 1983, 1985, 1990, 1994, 1996, 1999, 2004

League Cup: 1992, 2006

FA Charity/Community Shield: 1908, 1911, 1952, 1956, 1957, 1965*, 1967*, 1977*, 1983, 1990* 1993, 1994, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2007

European/International -
European Cup/Champions League: 1968, 1999

European Super Cup: 1991

European Cup Winners Cup: 1991

Intercontinental Cup: 1999

Manchester United. :D Started supporting when I first got regular English football at the start of the 03/04 season. Had heard of the team before and that Beckham played for them. So when I heard I was gonna get to see the Premier League, around the end of the 02/03 season, with Becks a player for them, being reminded that he did with the Fergie boot in his face, I pikced Utd as my team to follow. Was quite gutted he left and angry that some upstart Cristiano Ronaldo was in to replace him.

First thought it was Ronaldo the Brazilian, but when I realised it wasn't I figured he was just a fake Ronaldo. His corners and crosses weren't too good so wasn't a fan. Stuck with the team though and warmed to Ronaldo despite Arsenal's unbeaten season. Cemented my support when Arsenal started the next season still unbeaten and 49* until they faced United and van Nistelrooy won it. :) Loved it and started to learn more about the club and Munich and the like and there you go.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Meh I live in England and I don't have an EPL side

DJellett

International Debutant
The Mighty Tottenham Hotspur FC. First division champions in 1951, 1961, FA Cup winners in 1901, 1921, 1961, 1962, 1967, 1981, 1982, 1991, League Cup champions in 1971, 1973, 1999 and 2008. UEFA Cup winners in 1972 (first ever UEFA Cup) and 1984, Cup Winner's Cup...winners in 1963.

Seriously mate, the lowest of the low.
Ditto, champion.

DJellett

International Debutant
yaa hoping for a better season next time around

And all the teams want our players as well....messi,eto all rumored to have been offered big money !!!! :(
Eto'o apparently good odds of being at White Hart Lane next term

Would only add to our mass collection of over-priced forwards