• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which Cricketers do you dislike?

anil1405

International Captain
yeah Haddin tops the list. Feel disgusted to even think that he would be part of my local IPL franchisee SRH.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hopefully when you think of how much they would have paid him, it will make you feel even worse. :p

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Daily reminder that Haddin is a family man and you should watch what you say about a human being.

Poor efforts in this thread, really. Makes you wonder about some posters.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Daily reminder that Haddin is a family man and you should watch what you say about a human being.

Poor efforts in this thread, really. Makes you wonder about some posters.
I'm not sure about the relevance of Haddin's family situation to this thread. I remember keeping my opinions about him to myself when one of his children was ill last time he toured here, which was silly really, as he wasn't going to be reading this. Ditto the child, I suppose. But he has enough track record to justify everything that's been written here. Off the pitch he may be a decent enough sort, but people who play at his level are going to be judged by how they behave in their chosen role. I doubt that he'd be remotely bothered even if he did read this.

Last edited:

Kirkut

International Regular
There is no one I dislike, but I feared Ponting the most as a fan. There was an imperious vibe to his batting.

Maybe I would have felt the same for Viv Richards if I was watching the game in 70s.

Burgey

I'm not sure about the relevance of Haddin's family situation to this thread. I remember keeping my opinions about him to myself when one of his children was ill last time he toured here, which was silly really, as he wasn't going to be reading this. Ditto the child, I suppose. But he has enough track record to justify everything that's been written here. Off the pitch he may be a decent enough sort, but people who play at his level are going to be judged by how they behave in their chosen role. I doubt that he'd be remotely bothered even if he did read this.
Yet Pietersen gets a pass?

Flem274*

123/5
mushfiqur rahim

screeching little ****. *batsman middles ball on low slow bangladesh mud heap* AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BOWLING SUCKY SUCKYYYY!

Burgey

There is no one I dislike, but I feared Ponting the most as a fan. There was an imperious vibe to his batting.

Maybe I would have felt the same for Viv Richards if I was watching the game in 70s.
Did you start watching him quite late in his career? It was only his last two tours to India that he produced any decent output really.

Kirkut

International Regular
Did you start watching him quite late in his career? It was only his last two tours to India that he produced any decent output really.
Not just India vs Australia games but in general I found him fearsome. Steven Smith is a better batsman but I never feared Smith as much as Ponting.

thierry henry

International Coach
How could I forget Dhoni ffs

I get to see the greatest keeper-batsmen ever in both tests and ODIs and they are both absolute eye-cancer to watch bat, what are the odds.

Burgey

Not just India vs Australia games but in general I found him fearsome. Steven Smith is a better batsman but I never feared Smith as much as Ponting.
Yeah I can understand that. Smith doesn't have the same sort of demeanor about him

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Smith always looks like he may get out with that fidgety technique of his. He doesn't and he makes you pay a lot longer and a lot more but Ponting, at his best, just looked like he chooses where to hit the ball irrespective of what line, length, seam, swing or spin is on it. Only Sachin and Lara were his equals in that in my time of watching cricket. As great as Smith and Kohli and the rest of the fab 4 and even other great batters around currently are, no one has that same authority around their batting for whatever reason, in terms of how it looks at least. Closest probably is the real AB.

Last edited: