• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which Cricketers do you dislike?

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
If you skip to the 0:49 mark of this video, you'll see what can only be dubbed the "schoolgirl" celebration...

Heboric

International Debutant
Shane Warne and Mathew Hayden

Never forget sitting at Newlands with Australia on top, Warne had just taken two wickets in an over, ****ers wouldnt give a 5 year old kid an autograph, outright refused. The section of crowd near the kid noticed this and started booing - one of the rare times I agreed with it

Spark

Global Moderator
Smith is a remorseless grinder and accumulator. He drives you mad and slowly wrecks your will to live - or at least bowl - as a fielding side, but Ponting's entire approach to the game from top to bottom was establishing and maintaining total dominance, any way he could. Obviously his batting at his peak was the ultimate expression of that.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I honestly do not find either that annoying. It is like an expression of disbelief that they did something like that. Seen a lot worse from Messrs Broad and Warner themselves.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Oh, so that's what that is. Curious to see what Broad's Shocked Stepford Wife celebration is now.
It's the mock hand over the mouth in shock thing he does when he takes a wicket. But which he doesn't do when he goes the journey or gets out lbw first rock when hit on the toe.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh man, I just typed "chris broad celebration hand over mouth" into google & the search results weren't exactly suitable for work.

Burgey

Like that he took them on, but that's about it. My fave 80s Indian batsman was Vengsarkar by a mile.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
It's the mock hand over the mouth in shock thing he does when he takes a wicket. But which he doesn't do when he goes the journey or gets out lbw first rock when hit on the toe.
The thing he does when he takes a wicket lol.........I've seen it once, and it was in response to a ridiculous Stokes slip catch not the fact he took a wicket (it was his 5th for the morning on the way to 8/15 after all)

But as another famous Australian once said..."don't let the truth get in the way of a good story"

Edit:

Just in case you've erased it from your memory....

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
He actually kind of does do it in the bad times as well. Remember when England lost to Netherlands in the WT20?

He just does it when he's really shocked. The eyes tell you what kind of shocked he is.

And most importantly his name is not Chris.

OverratedSanity

He actually kind of does do it in the bad times as well. Remember when England lost to Netherlands in the WT20?

He just does it when he's really shocked. The eyes tell you what kind of shocked he is.

And most importantly his name is not Chris.
That's not "mock" hand over mouth though. He was just genuinely embarrassed there. I reckon most people would do the same if they missed a runout bowled a no ball dropped a catch (or whatever else he did in that final over) to gift a game to Netherlands.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
That's not "mock" hand over mouth though. He was just genuinely embarrassed there. I reckon most people would do the same if they missed a runout bowled a no ball dropped a catch (or whatever else he did in that final over) to gift a game to Netherlands.
I didn't really see the "mock" version as being mock either though. He was shocked Stokes took the catch and then just didn't move his hands away aftewards when he celebrated.

I dislike defending Broad because I think he's not only clearly a **** but also clearly not as good as Anderson (or someone like Boult if you want to to compare across countries), but I think it was a pretty organic reaction. I've figured out in my time on CW that some people are really pissed off even by organic reactions, but I only tend up to get burred up by really canned ones, which I think this one clearly wasn't. In fact I don't even think it was partially canned. I think he did his standard shock reaction and then just left part of it when he went around celebrating.

But ultimately I don't even give a ****. Not sure why I got into this. This is the least Cribb debate possible to enter because I don't have a dog in it.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
I didn't really see the "mock" version as being mock either though. He was shocked Stokes took the catch and then just didn't move his hands away aftewards when he celebrated.

I dislike defending Broad because I think he's not only clearly a **** but also clearly not as good as Anderson (or someone like Boult if you want to to compare across countries), but I think it was a pretty organic reaction. I've figured out in my time on CW that some people are really pissed off even by organic reactions, but I only tend up to get burred up by really canned ones, which I think this one clearly wasn't. In fact I don't even think it was partially canned. I think he did his standard shock reaction and then just left part of it when he went around celebrating.

But ultimately I don't even give a ****. Not sure why I got into this. This is the least Cribb debate possible to enter because I don't have a dog in it.
May have been the least Cribb debate but it was 100% Cribb content:laugh: